Dinorwic Slate Quarry, June 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fab photos, AndyG...great to see the other stuff. :)
Love those saw tables and the other machinery. The coats are amazing..a bit sad too, I feel.

Nice one AndyC, I wanted to see all that stuff, but ran out of time and fitness! Thanks for the link to the book as well, I'm going to keep my eye out for that. :)

Received my 35mm prints today :)

new-1Medium.jpg

new-2Medium.jpg

new-3Medium.jpg

new-4Medium.jpg

new-5Medium.jpg

new-6Medium.jpg

new-7Medium.jpg

new-8Medium.jpg

More great pics - nice one guys. Just wondered which route you took up? I took the blue trail from the Slate Museum, up and over Vivian Quarry, which was interesting in itself, and allows a branch off at Anglesey Barracks and onto the A2 (?) incline, then back down via A2 and A1. Seemed like a lot of wasted effort to get up that way though, when I saw a few walkers arrive on the road up from Dinorwig village whilst I was at the tourist viewpoint level. Made me wonder if others just drive up to that point, or if there's a quicker approach from the east?

Last edited:
Okay, thanks. Thats what I thought, and looks a hundred times easier than walking from the bottom. I need to get back there when the sun is out.

The car park does provide a very easy access to the interesting bits of the quarry.

Alternatively, I have parked in Llanberis, and then taken a bus to Deniolen. From there a mile walk to teh quarry. and then you can walk down back to your car.

In other news I hear that the enforcement of the closure of the footpath has stepped up a gear.

Latest posts

Back