Dover Lock Inn, Wigan - Apr '22

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nyrian

Old but not obsolete
Reaction score
HISTORY: "Situated canalside to the Leigh Branch of the Leeds and Liverpool canal, the word among the boating community is that this pub was worth a visit." Plans have been in place for a long time now to demolish it and build six houses in the space.

EXPLORE: Found by accident while driving. We pulled over to look on the map for the abandoned place we were trying to get to in Wigan, and as we were about to pull away noticed we'd parked outside this. Only really good feature was the basement though.

IMG_20220423_163804.jpg

IMG_20220423_161817.jpg

IMG_20220423_162024.jpg

IMG_20220423_162113.jpg

IMG_20220423_162305.jpg

IMG_20220423_162446.jpg

IMG_20220423_162534.jpg

Good find is it stil ok to enter last pub I done I nearly broke my back 🫣fell through the floor 🫣🫣
Don't know, sorry. Been a while since we've been. I was just posting a few old explores I'd not reported on at the time.

Pubs are generally shit & Im afraid this is no exception lol.
always worth sharing though
Aye. We've stopped pursuing even the non-wrecked ones. We did Baby Elephant which is completely intact and still has booze. (Which is why I haven't put up a public report on it yet.) But spent a total of maybe 3 mins inside. Pubs don't seem to have anything unique about them to warrant more than a handful of visits. However, that second last photo was an amazing room. The colours of the different burnt out areas were really something. Stared at that longer than I've stared at some art pieces. Sad, but true.

Oh, one exception! Wellington rooms in Liverpool. That's a pub everyone should visit. Not sorted our photos for a report yet but just look at this back room. (Sorry about the wide angle aspect. Only had my phone.)

Attachments

• IMG_20230204_145127.jpg
    IMG_20230204_145127.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230204_144624.jpg
    IMG_20230204_144624.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Oh, one exception! Wellington rooms in Liverpool. That's a pub everyone should visit. Not sorted our photos for a report yet but just look at this back room. (Sorry about the wide angle aspect. Only had my phone.)

Yeah thats a bit different that place, dont think it was originally designed as "a pub" which is why its so interesting.

Wellington Rooms are usually open on the Heritage Open Days

Wellington Rooms are usually open on the Heritage Open Days

dunno why they dont seal the place its been open for absolutelly ages & not a difficult building to seal.
I suppose it does stop people breaking in though

Back