Dundee Old railway line

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smellycat

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
its amazing what you find when you have a look around you. I've done a couple of posts on old railway stations etc, due to the fact that i found an old book and decided to go exploring. Anyway, It seems there was an old station in Dundee (Dundee east) which used to sit down at the harbour. From looking at the old photos i recognised roughly where it used to be and went hunting....this is what i found....

The old railway station

wc3389.jpg

inside the old station. if you look carefully at the end of the railway track you can see a couple of buffers to
stop the trains.

2274337264_028f26f4e5_o.jpg

And surprise surprise, although the building is long gone, the buffers and some of the track still exists

DSC03114.jpg

some of the old track hidden away under old bushes etc

DSC03118.jpg

some of the old track in what is now a car park

DSC03109.jpg

just a quick explore, but thanks for looking.

Hmmmm..... Dundee hey? had me a bit of a night there.... getting on fer nearly 20 years ago..........Had a bit of a disagreement with the boys in blue....hhhmmmmmm.......not a bad chap yer Sheriff though....sorta saw my side of the matter...sorta ! ......... heheheheh !
Hey...............Is that old hulk of a sailing ship still in the harbour down by the bridge???
It was a night club fer a while I think ????:)

I guess it was the end of the line for that station. Sorry!
Very interesting though. I think the old station looked very "French". Good find. :)

in the depths of waverley station there happens to be a clock laying there and on it in wee leeters says
"dundee station" wonder if that clock in the pic is the same:confused: but old station clocks look alike :confused::(

I'm not an expert, but the railways around Dundee were affected by the opening of the Tay Bridges (the 1st collapsed).

This meant that trains from Edinbrugh didn't have to either go via Perth or be taken over the river on a train ferry.

The pillars from the 1st bridge can still be seen at high tide.

Wow really nice detective work, following old photos to find what remains, wonder why they just left the track though, odd.

Wow, Dundee's come along a lot in 5 years, got cars and everything now! :mrgreen:

Nice find, almost Urban Archeology Exploring. Have a thing for old stations and such, always wanted to do the piles and piles of Glasgow ones...

Latest posts

Back