Eastend mansion house - Scotland

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The building looks to be in pretty good shape really, as long as it’s structurally sound then it can be renovated without too much effort.

why is such a lovely place derelict anyway?

It's derelict because of the dry rot unfortunately. There's been plans for a long time to get it back in use again, but it's always been too costly.

This place look amazing i'm fascinated by it. Does anyone know of any similar mansions like this in the northwest/north wales area. This report has inspired me to go and have a look around one.

It wouldn't be beyond repair if someone was willing to put enough money into it, most places like this are converted rather than renovated, in which case it's a matter of maximum profit so they end up stripping the place to the shell even if the interiors are salvageable

Same difference mate. Renovated, converted...

Dry Rot, prevolent in this building is very very costly, which would involve replacing every timber in the structure (this of course depending on how far the fungi has actually moved through wood), as the fungi involved can move through any piece of wood that it comes into contact with, and has been known to move through dry stone walls (i.e. grow a limb) in order to seek more tasty wood.

Even though you would be getting a very lovely house if you did have the money, in all honesty, it is beyond repair, as the monetary value required to inject into the project wouldn't outweigh the return that you would get on it.

Otherwords, it would cost a bomb, even stripping it back to the shell (wet walls etc, fucked gyproc) and re-building from scratch.

Latest posts

Back