Ebridge Mill, CubbitT and Walker. July 2012.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Shuck

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Ebridge Mill was also sometimes known as North Walsham Mill. The old mill was 5 storeys high and built of red brick with a slate roof. The mill was built over the River Ant, which later became the North Walsham & Dilham Canal.

The mill remained in the ownership of the family within Cubbitt & Walker Ltd from 1869 - 1998 when it was sold to Duffields and subsequently closed.

When the goodwill of the flour milling business was sold to the Millers' Mutual Association in 1966, the milling machinery was broken up leaving the old mill as an ancillary to the new provender mill built alongside. Taken from Norfolk Mills.

DSCF2524.jpg

DSCF2525.jpg

DSCF2529.jpg

DSCF2535.jpg

DSCF2539.jpg

DSCF2543.jpg

DSCF2545.jpg

DSCF2546.jpg

DSCF2549.jpg

DSCF2550.jpg

DSCF2552.jpg

DSCF2556.jpg

DSCF2559.jpg

DSCF2560.jpg

DSCF2563.jpg

Good to see this place again,i enjoyed my visit here last year.
Good work.

Very true that,ive never seen so many pigeons in one building,the smell gets overpowering by the top floor.

Luckily enough I didn't make the top floor, there was a 50 foot drop down seen through a hole under the stairs on the third floor. That was plenty high enough for me!:eek:

Thanks some really good photos, bought back some memories for me my first job in the sixties was working with a millwright all over Norfolk repairing the machinery.I worked at one mill in coltishall.It had a stationary single cylinder engine which we had to strip down the piston weighed 5 cwt you had to get into the cylinder to push the piston out far enough to get a block and tackle on it.The flywheel which was massive weighed a ton & half.
Aargh the good ole days A:)

Thanks some really good photos, bought back some memories for me my first job in the sixties was working with a millwright all over Norfolk repairing the machinery.I worked at one mill in coltishall.It had a stationary single cylinder engine which we had to strip down the piston weighed 5 cwt you had to get into the cylinder to push the piston out far enough to get a block and tackle on it.The flywheel which was massive weighed a ton & half.
Aargh the good ole days A:)

Now that I like!... somebody with a connection!:) Absolutely fascinating.

Latest posts

Back