EIP Metals, Birmingham, July 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you think of the names that have disappeared, it's frightening. This site was Europe's largest in its field.We were always having meetings regarding the next round of redundancies.In those day's, late 70's early 80's,not only were you paid redundancy money,you also received any pension donations you'd paid in,if memory serves me right.
This company was part of Delta metals,how many companies were in that group?
When you think of the names that have disappeared, it's frightening. This site was Europe's largest in its field.We were always having meetings regarding the next round of redundancies.In those day's, late 70's early 80's,not only were you paid redundancy money,you also received any pension donations you'd paid in,if memory serves me right.
This company was part of Delta metals,how many companies were in that group?
I worked at the Delta Tubes sites on Spring Hill/Dudley Rd and on Eyre Street which was also known as "the Island Site." I worked in the die shop turning plugs and die cases for copper pipe extrusion and blade sharpening. I also worked in the lab doing both wet and dry testing of copper for Delta and of Brass for Barker and Allen. I was there less than a year before redundancies loomed and I left for a job in town in the antique and reproduction furniture trade.

Fascinating. Mid section of gallery you can see a Hipp (Jones?) electrical clock, it provided 'Master time' to a number of 'slaves' around the works ie all was synchronised by means of impulses from the Master. 'Model Engineer' magazine of 1958 (or '56?) had the 'Jubilee' electric clock on the same system.

Fascinating. Mid section of gallery you can see a Hipp (Jones?) electrical clock, it provided 'Master time' to a number of 'slaves' around the works ie all was synchronised by means of impulses from the Master. 'Model Engineer' magazine of 1958 (or '56?) had the 'Jubilee' electric clock on the same system.
thats interesting

Back