Elmete Hall

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great bit of family history. Thanks so much for sharing it with us! At least they seem to have done a pretty good job at re-using the building. Top work! :mrgreen:

Very interesting info and pics, ER...I especially liked the views you took as, for me personally, seeing the outside and the setting of buildings really rounds it out and gives them more meaning. Thanks for sharing that. :)

What a wonderful building - thank you for sharing your memories and photos with us. It's good to see the building has not been demolished but wouldn't you just love to have the funds to buy the building and revert it back to it's former glory?

Welcome to DP and thanks again for your post.

Losrios :)

Oooooooooooh, it looks really grand now, and clean. It looks great. And love those views. They've done a really good job of renovating the place.

Thank you so much for putting up the latest pictures of the place. I love it.

Cheers,

:) sal

Wow, what a place! I love the glass dome.

It's such a shame it won't be enjoyed again.:(

Hi, i am a new addition to the site, i have joined because i have extensive photos of Elmete hall, now it has been re-developed. if anyone is interested in seeing them please give me a response to this message and i will up load all my images and also some infomation regarding the propertys hidden seacrets, (which can still be legaly visited, if you know where to look)

Hi elmete rob

Sorry not to have replied before, but haven't been here for a while. Must be strange for you to come across your old home in this way!

I've a few more photos from when it was finally empty, but only 30 or so. If you get in touch by private message on here I'll put them on a CD and send them to you if you like. They're not very good at all though. Here's some of them.

Unfortunately shortly before I visited some of the large fireplaces were stolen. I have to be careful what I say as this is the story as told to me. So only second hand. Stolen one night while security was on-site, need I say more. You know how large they were, it would take more than two people a long time to dismantle them and load them up.

Anyhow, here's a few more pics.

2390804452_d15f2787ce.jpg

2390803878_2ce8ddfdc1.jpg

2390803110_e07b94ec27.jpg

2390802264_f67fee28b9.jpg

2389968829_3e6874afb2.jpg

2390800520_106bf3b57e.jpg

2389966899_8c41c2b15e.jpg

Hi RikJ,

Aye I was aware the Fire places and door surrounds went a number of years ago. They were amazingly ornate, We must have some photos some where.

I'll send a PM a little later Id love to see the rest of the shots.

It really was in a sorry state wasnt it! Although I dont 100% approve of the refurb and the change of use (mainly the splitting it up into seperate units bit) I am very glad to see it being used and loved once more.

Now if only I could win the lottery 3 times over!

Pieman, I'd be interested to know which hidden secrets your refering to? Im guessing the summer house, rock gardens and kitchen gardens are on the list?

To be honest it would be great to compare what we know is there, me from the memory of a 12 year old and you guys from looking around the place.

I know for fact there are rooms in the house that I had nver been into but then others I can vivedly remember.

Also being a 12 yearold boy growing up there, i spent a lot of time playing in the woods so I know alot of the related sites in there.

That dome is unreal! Great to see the old shots from the 1900s too, its interesting to see how so much has changed and how something with such granditure can fall so far.

What a fantastic place .... while it is nice to see it being used as you say Rob I would rather it was one big house rather than lots of offices ...

Would love to see the other pics and 'secrets'

Latest posts

Back