Empty village? Big pics warning.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sal, anyone coming up Yorkshire way and asking for the location by pm has been given it. If anyone wants to put the location up it's fine by me, it's not something I own or have control over in any way shape or form.

Cheers

P.S. I don't know if it's worth making a long trip for, ask Don.

:) nice very nice, any chance of a PM as to the location:question: i think i might actualy die if i miss a chance at a place like this:cry: .

Last edited:
Last I knew there was no security as such, plenty nosey people though. There are actually some lived in houses on the far end of the site, near the prison bit. Also, don't know if alarms are alive or not. Be sure to check the mini golf course at the start :lol:.

PM Sent.

I heard only last week from communist daughter that there has been some arson here. Shame as it might mean the beginning of the end. If the fences start to go up then it'll lose its Marie Celeste feel (well, you have to pretend a bit!)

Does any one know the story behind this place? I mean an abandoned village is pretty extreme! I was thinking zombies in a dawn of the dead style incident:icon_evil or maybe a nuclear accident coupled with a government cover up:confused:.

any idears?

Well you know, after a hard days exploring…

I am going to have a look next weekend:eek:, it turns out after a bit of Google earthing on the post code (thanks for that by the way Pennywise) that I have some family not to far from there so a weekend visit might allow the time to try a full infiltration of the buildings! That’s why I was wondering what happened there, I don’t fancy having my skin eaten by mutated rabbits etc:lol:. any way I will let ya all know what I find.

King Al;11361; said:
... any way I will let ya all know what I find.

Sounds like it could be fun - is this ex-military, or is this just a dead village? Seems odd if it's the latter.

I'd be interested to know where it is, do a little digging.

sassylad;11493; said:
Sounds like it could be fun - is this ex-military, or is this just a dead village? Seems odd if it's the latter.

I'd be interested to know where it is, do a little digging.

Ex living accomodation for "intelligents". :wink:

Hi,

Please could you pm me the location, we are in West Yorkshire & would love to have a look round here & take some photos.

My boyfriend & his mates are quite into this & are registered & quite regularly post on the 28dayslater forum

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/davehalliwell_ww/UE/Village/

Some photos of the village I visited...

Some of my favourites below...

P8150013.png

P8150035.png

P8150033.png

P8150055.png

D.

the photobucket is private and the piccies arent working :(

any1 foudn any of the history of this place? i like the spooky feel the pictures have.

This is only the first time I've posted on this thread, but I've been looking at the pics since before i joined up. It looks like a wicked place, but I doubt it's still left as it first was found. If it is, then all the more reason to get up there and shoot the place!!!! :)

Back