Forbidden Places & Beauty in Decay (Books)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramsgatonian

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to receive two UE photography books for Christmas, Forbidden Places by Sylvain Margaine:

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/FORBIDDEN-PLACES-Exploring-abandoned-heritage/dp/2915807825[/ame]

...and Beauty in Decay by RomanyWG:

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beauty-Decay-Urbex-Urban-Exploration/dp/0955912148/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1356630113&sr=1-2[/ame]

They are both great books, with an interesting insight into why we venture into abandoned places. The photographs are excellent, if you like decent HDR.

I've got the second one, is an ace photography 'arty' book, and I'm a hater of HDR! The front cover even made my fly to Germany to take this!

IMG_1143.jpg

There is a sequel to it out now too, apparently it has virtually no HDR! :) Enjoy, we look forward to an in depth review...

Beauty In Decay 2 is out now for certain recieved it for christmas! has NO HDR and its a real cracker of a book roughly £15 amazon :D
Gotta say its tonnes better than the first! just to clarify.

Beauty In Decay 2 is out now for certain recieved it for christmas! has NO HDR and its a real cracker of a book roughly £15 amazon :D

Ace stuff! Romany WG is on FB, and will give you a little signed thingy to pop in in you ask!

Can I ask what sort of books are these? Do they document sites and give reports or are they just pages of photographs like some?

That one I shall purchase and keep :)

Can I ask what sort of books are these? Do they document sites and give reports or are they just pages of photographs like some?

Forbidden Places has the odd snippet of information about the locations and some bits of history thrown in, but it is mainly photographs. Beauty in Decay has photographs with various sections of text, with the location of every photograph printed in the back pages.

They are great inspirational books, was funny last October WG asked Ssshhhh.... did she know any places to visit near us haha. I think there is some HDR in the second one but its very toned down and also all the images in the second one are his as the first one is made up of the flickr family so they both worth having in their own way , the second one features some nice 'Fur House" shots.

I'm going to have to order Beauty in Decay 2 when I next get paid...

I wish it were the kind of book you could find in a library!

Got my "Beauty in Decay" book at local HMV shop for £11.
I am guessing I could have got it cheaper,
but it looked good and they only had one left so thought "sod it"why not :)

Beauty in decay 1 and 2 are both fantastic books and I highly recommend them! The first is a collection from explorers on flickr mainly HDR but I think even those who are anti HDR would be amazed by the excellent shots. The second is all Romany WGs' fantastic work :)

Beauty In Decay prices...

just found and ordered the second volume of Beauty In Decay for a great price -

http://www.sainsburysentertainment....1139715&utm_medium=basefeed&utm_source=google

Volume 1 is available on Amazon for a decent price but beware, some sellers are marking Volume 1 up to a serious price so it may well be that stock of this book is nearing the end from the print run.

And seeing as we are comparing "that photo" here's our offering of the same location from 18 months ago...

035.jpg
:)

TeeJF thats a brilliant price for it!
anything below £15 for it would be a bargain! :D

I think my fiancee paid £15.98 for mine! off amazon as yet again its worth getting, same as the first one.

Id also like to add a side note if your 82 years old or have feeble flimsy wrists (like my nan is) Beaty In Decay II was infact too heavy for her :D
...yet she did seem very interested haha

Latest posts

Back