Good Afternoon

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cottages

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm from the far north of Scotland and at this moment I'm living on the Greek island of Rhodes. I grew up with derelict houses and when I was a kid you couldn't give them away, but nowadays they sell for a fortune, even in the northern highlands. Part of me still find it hard to believe! Looking back I wish I bought a load of them.

Here on Rhodes we have a nice variety of derelict buildings, houses and ancient derelict structures.

Thanks for letting me become a member and I hope to read lots of interesting articles on my favourite subject! Incidentally my favourite type of derelict place is old castles, tower houses and any type of historical building.

Last edited:
Wow, what an interesting life! Cant imagine your accent!
Sounds like you'll fit right in here! :)

Well thank you, its not quite as it seems though. I have a daughter with leukaemia so I moved over here to give her a better lifestyle.

I build commercial websites for UK businesses so I'm very lucky as I can work online. I'll always be a highlander but you're right, my accent is a little muddled up, especially after 5 years in Canada, 4 years in the states, back home for 10 years and now on Rhodes for the last 2 years!

Here we have a beautufully preserved medieval walled city with lots of incredible derelict buildings in it.

Thanks very much. Appreciated.

Yes, sigs are allowed. But not, unfortunately, for commercial purposes.

Latest posts

Back