Hautboy, Surrey

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tackleberry83

Reaction score
A few shots of one of the local pubs that has been closed for a few years now, only a few pictures as battery ran out on camera :cry:

Here is a bit of history.

Hotel. 1864, built by the first Earl of Lovelace and extended in 20th century. Red and brown brick in rat-trap bond with extensions in similar materials; blue slate roofs. Cruciform plan on an island site at the junction of two roads. Northeast and west wings of 3 storeys and 2 storeys to south wing. Terracotta plaque bands with oval panels and dentilled billets over each floor, machicolations to eaves. Decorative - panels with Lovelace Coat of Arms on stacks. Northeast and west wings are 5-sided with a tall centre stack above each centre side. Metal framed, arched head, leaded casement windows under label mouldings in chamfered edge surrounds. 4 windows to north wing, 2 windows on east and west wings. Wing to south 4 bays with giant buttresses. Large hall windows to east side and 20th century extension across the ground floor. 20th century gabled, wood and glass porch to east side in angle between the hall and the east wing. Baronial hall in the south wing with a minstrels gallery to the north end is inspired by a building Lovelace had seen on his trip to the continent.

IMG_5846 by cupra_jamie, on Flickr

IMG_5843 by cupra_jamie, on Flickr

IMG_5840 by cupra_jamie, on Flickr

IMG_5836 by cupra_jamie, on Flickr

IMG_5833 by cupra_jamie, on Flickr

IMG_5830 by cupra_jamie, on Flickr

IMG_5828 by cupra_jamie, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

You’re on a roll TB,
Keep it coming and buy a spare battery, they do run out just when you need em. (Most of us has had that happen, and it’s really frustrating) Thanks for sharing.

That's one beautiful building.

It sure is the bar was up in the rafters of the building the back door to the bar is shown in the second to last photo, this led to a steep staircase that took you too the bar. It lost business when the pub down the road, the black swan had a multi million pound re-fit

Nice one matey, you've caught one of my other pastimes in picture 2 with the direction signs.I love milestones and other street furniture,though why anybody would want to go Cobham is beyond me lol

Yeah - top victorian brickwork. You can't beat it. I'll have a look at this one when I 'm down there next
Thanks for sharing.
GDZ

Nice one matey, you've caught one of my other pastimes in picture 2 with the direction signs.I love milestones and other street furniture,though why anybody would want to go Cobham is beyond me lol

Yeah it seemed quite funny the fact you walk out after a few too many and the pub wall points you in the right direction

Warning!

The building is fitted with an alarm and will active if someone enters the building (First hand experance)
DONT ENTER THE BUILDINGThey will think that your one of many chav's that have forced them selfs into steal stuff.:mad:

Back