Hello newbie from Surrey

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aquanuke

Reaction score
Hi, I wanted to take some photos earlier today so typed in abandoned places in Surrey and found this website :)

After a few minutes in the Surrey forums I found my way off out to visit Cane Hill Asylum in Coulsdon. Had some fun getting in but came back with some nice shots to play with. Not so much left of the old place now but had a good time.

Hopefully will find plenty more great locations here to visit :)

Ah.. just read the forum rules and posting of arty* photos is not allowed. Unfortunatly I only take photos of my interpretation of a scene. So not sure if I should post them :(

Will however enjoy exploring all these locations in the future, even if I can't share them with you :)

aquanuke said:
Ah.. just read the forum rules and posting of arty* photos is not allowed. Unfortunatly I only take photos of my interpretation of a scene. So not sure if I should post them :(

Will however enjoy exploring all these locations in the future, even if I can't share them with you :)

Put up a couple of reports anyways and see what we say to them - we won't be harsh on a new member, just provide constrictive criticism. If there is still dereliction in there I would think you'll be fine. Can't hurt to try :)

-RR :)

Just been reading alot of posts and don't think my photos will go down well. So wont upset anyone by posting a report. I will just put up one pic here to show the current state of Cain Hill as of yesterday. A wide angle shot showing the Chapel, behind that the admin building and on the right the water tower.

Apparently from reading other threads here 95% of Cane Hill has gone, just these three buildings left.

cain-hill-asylum-chair-left-XL.jpg

Just been reading alot of posts and don't think my photos will go down well.

Don't worry if you over process your photos or use HDR, have an iPhone or Canon 5D. Some people will hate your posts but someone out there will love 'em.

daimo_45 said:
Don't worry if you over process your photos or use HDR, have an iPhone or Canon 5D. Some people will hate your posts but someone out there will love 'em.

Exactly. Get 'em posted up and see what happens. There's plenty of us love this kind of stuff :D

-RR

Welcome to DP :)

I like that photo, but as the others have said you will get a mixed reaction to processing, some of the purists will hate them and insist that the only photos that should be allowed are totally untouched ones, then you will find your middle ground and then come along the "HDR Monkeys" ;)

Who says that whats good and whats not, I suppose that technically speaking then converting a photo to B&W is processing!!!

Best bet is to post them and keep and open mind

:)

Thanks Nelly yes agree with you about black and white. I do try not to go silly with HDR, just it's what I like plus the reason I take photos. I will post some up to see the reaction. Good or bad wont stop me checking out all these great locations on here :)

Thank you night crawler just posted about my first adventure at Cane Hill Asylum :)

[ame]http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=22230[/ame]

Latest posts

Back