Hello there

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

long time lurker in the shadows here. Been reading your wonderful posts and enjoying myself so far for the last 6 years. Thought I owe you a quick hello and thank you for all the beautiful input you all do here! I had actually forgotten that I was a member for a couple of years until I got a friendly reminder E-mail from the owner saying that I was still a member :)

I'm 36, from Edinburgh, did some solo exploration locally all over Edinburgh myself a few years back (recently too busy working 60+ hours) and miss it a lot. Far from having seen it all and never took many photos.

All your image reports have been keeping me super happy and excited recently and kindled the fire to do more myself again.

I was wondering if there is anyone in the Edinburgh - Glasgow area that is looking for buddies to go out there. I'm very busy at work atm and have a 6 year old son but I do get the occasional day off, so if anyone wants to do something one day, I would be totally up for it.

I am originally a trained commercial photographer and did a lot of ads, artsy, and fashion stuff back in the day but buried this dream a good while ago to keep the family afloat and sold my equipment, which still makes me sad when I think about it. Maybe will invest in a DSLR soon again. I currently work in retail which is good for paying the bills, if you know what I mean.

Enough about me, folks, just a wee thank you for all your amazing work and keep it coming!

Have a great time, everyone!

Frank

Welcome back to the forum. You were lurking lawfully after all.😁 Before you invest in a new DSLR, you might want to read this.

Welcome back to the forum. You were lurking lawfully after all.😁 Before you invest in a new DSLR, you might want to read this.
There are plenty of second hand DSLRs to be had. But - as History Buff implies - quality and ease in obtaining good results in even arduous conditions have improved with other equipment. Mobile phone camera resolution can be remarkable. The need for sufficient power for flash photography and being able to use a tripod for long exposures may well affect camera choices.

Hi everyone,

long time lurker in the shadows here. Been reading your wonderful posts and enjoying myself so far for the last 6 years. Thought I owe you a quick hello and thank you for all the beautiful input you all do here! I had actually forgotten that I was a member for a couple of years until I got a friendly reminder E-mail from the owner saying that I was still a member :)

I'm 36, from Edinburgh, did some solo exploration locally all over Edinburgh myself a few years back (recently too busy working 60+ hours) and miss it a lot. Far from having seen it all and never took many photos.

All your image reports have been keeping me super happy and excited recently and kindled the fire to do more myself again.

I was wondering if there is anyone in the Edinburgh - Glasgow area that is looking for buddies to go out there. I'm very busy at work atm and have a 6 year old son but I do get the occasional day off, so if anyone wants to do something one day, I would be totally up for it.

I am originally a trained commercial photographer and did a lot of ads, artsy, and fashion stuff back in the day but buried this dream a good while ago to keep the family afloat and sold my equipment, which still makes me sad when I think about it. Maybe will invest in a DSLR soon again. I currently work in retail which is good for paying the bills, if you know what I mean.

Enough about me, folks, just a wee thank you for all your amazing work and keep it coming!

Have a great time, everyone!

Frank
Hi Frank

I also live in Edinburgh, also pretty busy but give me a shout if you like. Would be good to hear about your explorations locally :)

Cheers!
Catherine

Back