hi from cumbria

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nkexploringthevibe

Reaction score
hi everyone so im new to this exploration but ive always had interest since a teenager now 45 used to go into abandoned hospitals and schools back in the day so now I have the chance to do more and get a channel on YouTube and instagram I did my first ever explore last week had my eye on this place for a couple of years im heading back there on Monday to do a drone footage as well as a paranormal investigation as that's also another passion of mine not for everyone but I get good positive results in the past im super happy to be a part of this forum with hope to see and share others adventures of exploring

If you want paranormal I highly recommend Nukes Top 5 on You Tube. I'm a sceptic despite some odd experiences in one house I had, and I've never seen or heard anything on an exploration that couldn't be explained easily; and that despite doing some places with a bit of a heavy history.

But yeah... get over and watch Nuke, you won't be disappointed.

If you want paranormal I highly recommend Nukes Top 5 on You Tube. I'm a sceptic despite some odd experiences in one house I had, and I've never seen or heard anything on an exploration that couldn't be explained easily; and that despite doing some places with a bit of a heavy history.

I was doing a challenge on an AI art forum, the prompt was 'eerie places' and I had to confess that the abandoned rooms some of the members were coming up with weren't eerie, they were just... well, abandonded places... as I said, urban exploring tends to rapidly erode any sense of creepiness in the melancholic abandoned.

Where does "Veni, Vidi suum custos canis admorsus meus culus" come from? How would you translate it? One man to another who is standing by a dog in the street: "Does your dog bite?" Second man: "No". First man goes to pat the dog and is bitten. He tells the second man: "You said your dog does not bite." Second man: "It's not my dog."

Where does "Veni, Vidi suum custos canis admorsus meus culus" come from? How would you translate it? One man to another who is standing by a dog in the street: "Does your dog bite?" Second man: "No". First man goes to pat the dog and is bitten. He tells the second man: "You said your dog does not bite." Second man: "It's not my dog."
It’s b*stard Latin for “I came, I saw then the secca’s dog bit my aspect”

It’s b*stard Latin for “I came, I saw then the secca’s dog bit my aspect”
Thanks. I was very much into languages when I was at school - and enjoyed them for what they were. And I took Latin at O Level. Since most of the old railway companies had mottoes in Latin - or they used the coats of arms of the cities they served, and their mottoes were usually in Latin - I made up my own motto - after MGM's Ars Gratia Artis: Art for the sake of Art. Mine was Facto Gratia Voluptatis: Done for the sake of Pleasure. Urbexers could do worse than imitate the Olympics motto: Citius, Altius, Fortius: Faster, Higher, Stronger. Perhaps: Slower, Deeper, Careful-er.

To be honest it was very tongue in cheek. My Latin is nigh on none existent unless it’s the translation of O Caritas or Gaudete (and the odd bit of pseudo religious text thrown in)… video flagare omnia res etc. 😂

To be honest it was very tongue in cheek. My Latin is nigh on none existent unless it’s the translation of O Caritas or Gaudete (and the odd bit of pseudo religious text thrown in)… video flagare omnia res etc. 😂
How about "Gaudeamus igitur"? - heard in many films about colleges, universties, etc? My grammar school's school song had a Latin chorus. And, yes, I recall Cat Stevens and "O Caritas". Go online and look up "Minimus" Minimus is a Latin course for children, written by Barbara Bell and illustrated by Helen Forte. It's based on the lives of a real family at the Roman fort of Vindolanda. What did the Romans do for us? They gave us Latin!

Back