Hi Guys and Gals...

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apogee14

Reaction score
Hey all!!!

I'm Apogee14 and i'm from Manchester, but grew up in Stoke, so spend a great deal of time there.

I've been watching this community from afar for quite a while now. I was first interested in the idea of urban exploring when I wanted to shoot a music video in an abandoned train station, and came across Mayfield. I'm just incredibly intrigued by the whole concept. I dabble (and I use the term very loosely) in photography and film, but i'm a musician by nature.

I just wanted to know if you had any tips on what I should do next? I haven't really been out anywhere yet, I suppose I know very little of etiquette, dos and don'ts etc. How do you go about finding some of these places!?!?!?!?! its crazy!!!

I love all your reports. They are fantastic. Keep up the good work folks.

Tips:
1) Dont just ask "Where shall I go?" outright, people put hours and hours of research into some sites, so may be annoyed that someone else expects to be 'given it'. Athough some people are entirely happy to do so.

2) Research, research, research! Look EVERYWHRE! Search your local paprs website for "derelict" Search on here, Search ocal planning apps.Just look more while you're driving / walking, also just have a mooch round Google maps, you'll soon learn to spot derelict buildings from the air!

3) Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photographs.

4) Have fun

5) Don't forget to share the photos with us :p

Enjoy

Back