Langley Mill : Cheshire : Sept 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mars Lander

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I saw a photo of a space man on flickr , so began plans to see him , a kinda of homage to Neil Armstrong "splore" stylee, so pretty last minute we set off to...

...Spaceman Mill on the moon !!!! ....

....I mean Langley Mill. for history and more perusals check out Pauls findings who was there within a day us leaving its orbit

Explored with Ssshhhh.... and non-member "The Gothfather"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ACCESS++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

Here is the obliglatory external , it went dark while we were there and a car went past as I took the shot I left it on as its a pretty uninspiring external, at least from this angle anyhows...

bucket-ext_zps8c9bec3e.jpg

Keeping with the sci-fi theme, this place was a splore Tardis of illusion, as we first walked in we felt short changed, WTF! is this it??? we wailed , I mean I loved the space man , he was decidely shorter than anticipated but none the less here he was..."Helloo spaceman, we come in peace..." , he didn't answer.

bucket-spaceman_zps550d8f17.jpg

Up some stairs and the place unfolded it's Tardis like charms into many rooms full of STUFFS.... do you like organs? check this mothership disORGANisation and his multitude of stationary friends...

7999405624_e384bba395_c.jpg

altho long ago the reeds of the organ fell silent and last reverberated its presumable "Phoenix Nights" tones there was also a resident singer haha gerrit singer..see what i did there?..no! ..ah well she was sweet anyways, a real looker.

bucket-singer_zps6d5e2988.jpg

and right at the back on the accordian Mr Alvari...nice very niice , it looked like he was waiting for a call on his rather swanky old skool telecommunications device.

bucket-keys_zps7aca12fd.jpg

looking out of the windows in this part of the venue was a bit of a surprise as it appeared we were actually looking down into someones garden , a rather nice one at that , good job we are a quiet lot apart from the occasional
bump n knock with usually has me then scowling "right we'll have to go now" , even if its me doing the bumping and knocking.

Out of there and down a corridor

bucket-corridor_zpse670907c.jpg

and into the office of photoshop n that :)

bucket-fotoshop_zps3fa58c87.jpg

thru a store type room

bucket-store_zpsb9954933.jpg

and more rooms full of STUFFS

bucket-car_zps236fd4e3.jpg

n STUFFS

bucket-room2_zpsf1402796.jpg

etc...

bucket-door-floor_zps656492f4.jpg

and so forth

bucket-mc_zps11365594.jpg

great place this for the sport of splore photography nice lighting and plenty of time decay

bucket-plate_zps59de3b8f.jpg

, objects and rather nicely for a change a general lack of chavery

close up objectalia sample

bucket-arte_zpse6beafad.jpg

This is my bessie mate "The Gothfather" , he's posing for me here, complete with mask, as we recreate our own take on an eccentric miller or wheel spoker, alas he doesn't do the forums.

bucket-dale_zpsa66f9b50.jpg

lots to see and do here , here I have tried to make a car should have spent more time looking for a steering wheel and that...

bucket-wheels_zps8efa739d.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the show it was a fun place that initially seemed stunted, but its horizons were thankfully broader than first perceived, theres a nice lilttle bridge too about it looked very rickety, it was a small step for me but one giant leap for mank.......enough already.

See ya laters space cadets. :) fellow Urbanaut Sshhhh.... may be along below to show her snaps off too if she ever gets around to it. :D

P.S. Sshhhh... fell on her arse in the brambles on the way home..YAY!

All's well that ends rosWELL :D

Last edited:
They hurt my bottom! I did feel a bit silly sat in them brambles trying to rock myself upright because i had no way of hoisting myself up with my hands:lol: Great pics fellow urbanaut, i may get around to posting some of mine, eventually:)

Cracking set

I turned around and was face to face with the mask and almost crapped myself XD

I guess you went in the hard way

not sure , i was pre-informed to directions it was pretty easy its just that it got dark on way out and people tripped and stuff :D

Haha good stuff as always looks a good mooch you be sure to show me when i come vist ;) poor sshhhh.. not again, dozy bugger .
See ya soon :).

Thanks all for your luvlee comments , just back from one of our most awesome explore tours we've had yet reports WILL follow :D

Latest posts

Back