Little Treasure in the woods...

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A truly splendid post as usual, thanks. Below, King's Shropshire Light Infantry, 1881-1968.
aab8d455.jpg

Bottom Patch is upside down - 53rd Welsh Infantry Division....

Fantastic window on the past to the casual visitor, but saddening to think that the things that we cherish now will be reduced to be no more that an afternoon of still life photography for some future explorer or a few skips in a land fill. All of the things that we keep because they mean something to us are nothing but rubbish or a few pounds worth of curios. Perhaps its better to pass them on with their stories whilst we still can.:sad:

A truly splendid post as usual, thanks. Below, King's Shropshire Light Infantry, 1881-1968.
aab8d455.jpg

The badge at the bottom if memory serves me well is the "welsh 160th Brigade" or "HQ Wales" Brecon, in the picture the badge is upside down.

Great post, most enjoyable.
ATB
Alan.

PS. i see someone else has posted this but it is 160th brigade "as i was sevring in this brigade".

Last edited:
Ref the upside down flash -
It was the official flash for the 53rd (Welsh) Infantry Divsion from 1908 up until 1968 when the division was finally disbanded (it was a TA unit from 1947 to 1968). 160 (Wales) Brigade were a sub-unit of the division and continued to exist post-1968, now existing as part the 5th Division. The flash for 160 appears to be an orange motiff on a green background.
The KSLI was amalgamated, along with 3 other regiments, into The Light Infantry in 1968... so this gives an idea of how old this bloke was if they were part of his personal uniform at some time.

It would be very interesting to find out what this mans connection with the 53rd, the KSLI and the Household Cavalry was (which are all pretty diverse units), I guess we'll never know.

Last edited:
I think most people have a little place that they can spend hour upon hour wandering away the time in,,this is mine...

1e0ecf70.jpg

This looks like a service issue "Housewife" A basic sewing kit so the troops can do their own running repairs to clothing. My dad gave me his when I left home :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back