Live Sites

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nelly

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I must have dozed off :(

Why is the Live Sites section not open for posting any more?

Did I miss something?

Where am I meant to put my report of The Private Bar at The House of Commons now??

The House of Commons private bar isn't a live site anyway as it's occupied exclusively by the undead, although you could probably argue that the whole Governmental structure is both derelict and abandoned. :p:lol:

Ah! If 'occupied' by the undead its not abandoned...:lol: (I missed it 'till you said)

Wouldn't they come under the definition of "not usually accessible or seen", like underground sites?

They did, but they don't anymore. :)

Anything that's of any relevance to this site can be posted in the normal categories. The live site category has tended to encourage things that are irrelevant or pointless.

Because live sites by definition are not abandoned or derelict.

Now I do see where you're coming from with the not derelict stance, but some of the live sites can be the nuts and very very exciting to get into.

So if one was to infiltrate a live site, then could one post the report in the main category of the site? E.g. If I got my lardy arse over the fence of a local glass factory and got some dodgy photos of industry and the glass making machinery then could I still post it under industrial? Even though its not dere?

Not trying to be a pain, just trying to understand the situation

:)

Now I do see where you're coming from with the not derelict stance, but some of the live sites can be the nuts and very very exciting to get into.

So if one was to infiltrate a live site, then could one post the report in the main category of the site? E.g. If I got my lardy arse over the fence of a local glass factory and got some dodgy photos of industry and the glass making machinery then could I still post it under industrial? Even though its not dere?

Not trying to be a pain, just trying to understand the situation

:)

This is a site about derelict and abandoned buildings, not how l337 and awesome you are for getting into somewhere you shouldn't. You can post it if you want, but if it's shit or not relevant it'll get pitted. ;)

The chances are if it's a building then it'll be okay, but if its a crane, rooftop, railway, or something else unrelated then it wont.

This is a site about derelict and abandoned buildings, not how l337 and awesome you are for getting into somewhere you shouldn't. You can post it if you want, but if it's shit or not relevant it'll get pitted. ;)

The chances are if it's a building then it'll be okay, but if its a crane, rooftop, railway, or something else unrelated then it wont.

Perfectly and eloquently clarified there Krela :)

As I said. Not trying to be a pain or to raise troubles. Its simply that I had only just noticed that the Live Site section had been locked and I have one or two in the pipeline.

I shall asses them when done and try to avoid The Pit, it buurns ;)

There is always the option that when you 'do' a site of this type that you just share it with your mates rather than the whole internet. No criticism nelly, I like your stuff. :)

Funny how you brought that up as i have noticed that in the last 2-3 years it has become a elite hobby for some to be the latest and greatest :confused:. For me its not what this is about!,for me anyway. I know explore more than i post up on forums these days and that's one of the reasons regardless, some places are just not for posting any place !. Your call krela, your forum mate i have no problem with it:).

I agree 100% with the decision, the site is DERELICT places.
Like a lot of people I also go on other forums and can see cranes and live sites there, I come on DP for historic and derelict sites

There are very few live sites I've done that I'd be happy appearing in public - live sites have workers and owners who care a lot about the site, so are much more likely to notice any mention online. Authorities would also look much more seriously on trespassing in live sites.

I only make about half what I do public, and a good amount of what I do doesn't get shared with anyone, even privately.

There are very few live sites I've done that I'd be happy appearing in public - live sites have workers and owners who care a lot about the site, so are much more likely to notice any mention online.
About four years ago I posted a report on here about a derelict building in a gated field, owned by a local handyman. I recently accessed the whole of the site properly and after snapping away happily for half an hour or so, I suddenly realised that I wasn't just taking pics of the building itself but of the outdoor workshop behind it (which was fascinating, btw)...and that this is someone's personal space that I was invading. It really made me think about where to draw the line.

They did, but they don't anymore. :)

Anything that's of any relevance to this site can be posted in the normal categories. The live site category has tended to encourage things that are irrelevant or pointless.

A bit like people climbing cranes in brand new building sites? I never did get the whole urban exploration side of climbing a crane!

Well, it is exploration :)

In fact, if you're going to get all ontological about it all, the word "urbex" is generally thought to have been coined by Ninjalicious, and what he mostly did was infiltration of live sites.

Personally, I don't get ROC posts - surely, once oyu've seen one you've seen them all?

Personally I don't get the word 'urbex'. Then again, these days I'm virtually retired. Live sites are great fun, like a grown up game of hide and seek with a little more risk involved other than being 'it'. If Ben has made a decision to keep this site to derelict places I can't argue, it's what it says on the tin (or URL, you know).

M :)

Back