Live Sites

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, the majority of live buildings that are suitable for posting will fit into the other categories here and you are welcome to post them. What I'm trying to do is discourage people creating threads that are purely about cranes, rooftopping, live railways etc as they're simply not relevant here.

I have no doubt that they interest some people, are thrilling to do and make for pretty photos, but that's not what this site is about. :)

Well, it is exploration :)

In fact, if you're going to get all ontological about it all, the word "urbex" is generally thought to have been coined by Ninjalicious, and what he mostly did was infiltration of live sites.

Personally, I don't get ROC posts - surely, once oyu've seen one you've seen them all?

I like seeing inside roc posts but there are a few that just look like empty fields then there is a comment that it's been demolished :S

In fact, if you're going to get all ontological about it all, the word "urbex" is generally thought to have been coined by Ninjalicious, and what he mostly did was infiltration of live sites.

Can I just point out that no-where on any part of this site are the terms 'urbex' or 'urban exploration' used, except when members refer to them in their own posts...

"DerelictPlaces is a forum for people with an interest in the history and documentation of derelict and abandoned buildings to come together and share their explorations, photography and historical findings."

Can I just point out that no-where on any part of this site are the terms 'urbex' or 'urban exploration' used, except when members refer to them in their own posts...

"DerelictPlaces is a forum for people with an interest in the history and documentation of derelict and abandoned buildings to come together and share their explorations, photography and historical findings."

Yes! Hate 'urbex', wots it got to do with an abandoned farm in the middle of a moor - or is that rurex - sound like one of those rubber things..:(

Back