London Metropolitan area: changes to infrastructures and crime levels

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkhos

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I hope this post is not too much out of scope. I am posting my request in your community because I think the extent of knowledge on urban layouts of members of this community is well beyond what I have at the moment.

In my spare time, I am a charity researcher working on the link between changes in the infrastructure layout of cities and local crime levels. I recently got interested in the London area as it offers very granular indicators of local crime levels. However, my knowledge of the city layout is very limited.

I would to ask you if you are aware of any big infrastuctural changes that took place in the broader London area between years 2018 and 2021. Things such as the creation/closure of railway/tube/bus stations (I am only aware of Nine Elms one), the dismissal of large commercial/industrial areas or other large layout shocks that may impact local crime levels.

thanks a lot to everyone! I enjoyed your explorations of the former Nestle factory in Hillington.

The opening of the tube extension to Nine Elms coincided with the conversion of Battersea Power Station. I'm going to stick my neck out and predict that recreational trespass in that area of Battersea dropped considerably at that point...

Joking apart, analysing crime rates relative to infrastructure projects is probably more in the realm of criminologists and sociologists than explorers.

Back