Markeaton Culvert (our first exploration)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discobean

Reaction score
Hey hey….Myself , Shambles and some others including my girlfriend decided to go down the markeaton culvert…now I know theres been pictures posted recently but as this was our first documented exploration im posting our results…

Just a side note: back in the 60’s my dad and his friends used to go down the culvert ..one day two of my dads friends wanted to go down there but it was raining hard and my dad chose not to go…his friends still went and a sudden rush of water swept his friends all the way thru to the other side they were lucky to be alive….they were reunited on the local news a few months back ..i bet if you did some newspaper achive digging you would find the report from back then

We were hoping for now rain…..we woke up…no rain…we take one step out the front door…it starts raining…but we went anyways

Here we go

The beginning
2py96wp.jpg

ao6jpz.jpg

compost bin
33b3khc.jpg

shambles snapping away
4qlq92.jpg

spiders anyone?
1108y3c.jpg

2gws6k1.jpg

a1l4ci.jpg

one of our many stops along the way
311wevb.jpg

the end
m8ctxu.jpg

so there we go….hope you enjoyed them..we had a fun time doin it…and now I have wellies I can do more​

Last edited:
Your gonna have to re size those pics smaller mate.. There way too big to load on the page.

Think I preferred the underground walk to the surface walk I would usually take through town. Enjoyed the culvert, nice and steady explore.....and a few laughs along the way too.

Think I preferred the underground walk to the surface walk I would usually take through town. Enjoyed the culvert, nice and steady explore.....and a few laughs along the way too.

im sure five people walking thru town in wellies didnt look dodgy at all....or when we all piled in to the bogs to wash our hands and that big massive bloke came face to face with us all....lol

Nice one guys - going to have to get myself a pair of wellies and head down there sometime :)

Latest posts

Back