Mobil Oil Production Plant, Wirral April 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaperman

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This was one of the more interesting new places Dave and myself came across on a recent trip. Not sure anyone has taken a look round here before?

There's not a huge amount of information on the history of the place so the following is really just an outline.

Opened in the 1930's as an Oil terminal and Blending plant. Production was mostly based around refining and blending oils for marine automotive and industrial use. The site was heavily damaged by bombing during the second world war. The site was extensively rebuilt in the 50's including a New oil blending hall in a purpose built building,covered tanker loading bay, extensive storage areas and Large 3 storey building for grease production.

I can't find much information about when it closed. There is currently a problem with scrap metal theft on site. Though the local police police take a keen interest in the place.

Sorry there are not many exteriors. Photos are a mix of Daves and my own,

Yard

2.jpg

Tankers Covered loading Bay,

3.jpg

Loading Boom,

4.jpg

Blending and Seperating Plant

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Barreling Plant

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Grease Production

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

Sample Bottles Grease Labs

24.jpg

26.jpg

More Blending tanks,

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

32.jpg

I like, did it have that brilliant oily/diesel smell???

I am really glad to hear that, how is it looking/running?

It was running well did snap a fanbelt on the M1 but got going again with a replacement ok.

Currerntly waiting for a brake cylinder seal that I stupidly knackered in the week So off the road for a few days. Still waiting to drop the box to change the clutch release bearing and fix the overdrive solenoid. Hopefully thats only going to be a few weeks away.

You have good time on the continent?

They all sound like minor niggles, especially compared to how it was looking a few months ago. Continent was good thanks, Lula will be putting some reports up.

Back