Mock Tudor house, Derbyshire, Feb 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this house! Is it seriously for sale for a quid? I was just showing my wife and she was like 'buy it, buy it!' lol :)

great pics by the way.

I love this house! Is it seriously for sale for a quid? I was just showing my wife and she was like 'buy it, buy it!' lol :)

great pics by the way.

I'd get a quote for the renovation work first :lol:

What a cracking house though. So sad to see it in that condition. Somebody's had some cracking Christmas's in there, they'd be devestated to see it now.

What a beautiful building...from the outside!

Looks like a fantastic explore, especially with the cellar. I'd buy and renovate it just for the wine cellar I think...if I had the money!

Great to see that mangle as well, I'm guessing it's completely rusted up?

Tieljo

great piccs and wow what a place from the out side shame about the inside woudend supprise me if it is up for sale at a £1.00 as fryergate bridge was sold to dcc for this amount and now look at that but this is dcc were talking about and derby hippo say no more !!!!.

great piccs and wow what a place from the out side shame about the inside woudend supprise me if it is up for sale at a £1.00 as fryergate bridge was sold to dcc for this amount and now look at that but this is dcc were talking about and derby hippo say no more !!!!.

This isn't in Derby, its Amber Valley Borough Council's area.

Excellent pics mate, I like this, love it from the outside. Enjoyed seeing the pics from the cellars with all the candles. :) when me and Mendo did the Wire Works, we didn't notice this house above it. :rolleyes: I must walk around with my eyes closed sometimes lmao.

Slightly off topic. :rolleyes: lol.

YHA have got rid of the shining cliff YH now. It's owned by the Lindley Education Trust. :( http://www.lindleyeducationaltrust.org/shining/index.htm

Cheers,

:) Sal

I live in ambergate, for the first time today I went past the fencing didnt go in as t looks like it could collapse any moment, take the dog a walk up the woods and was a bit naughty and had a look around it, was just before dark and no one around was a bit scarey to be honest,would love to go inside just a tad dangerous, get buried alive in there and no one goes up there. seen pics of an old range cooker before in there. Love them. Has anyone explored the house fully as a lot of it is bricked up door ways, maybe one day someone will sledge hammer through them!

I've explored it fully, including the cellars, I do recommend you have a look, thye are a nice little explore, you go in around the back, climb over wall in front of you and DO NOT fall down the cellars :p

Anyway, welcome to the forum :)

Thanks mate
It seems so eerie around there all derelict and so remote, is there any old fireplaces in there? I love oldy worldy things,probably all been ripped out for their value!, was talking to my fiancees grandad today and he said it was in a state in 1985 when they shut the place up so has slowly got worse and with its location I bet its full of woodworm and slowly nature will destroy the whole lot, shame though, probably eventually have a perimeter fence all the way round as that big thing on top of the turret is looking a bit like falling down !

it looks pretty good on the outside but the inside...

when was it built? it kind of looks like the tudor bit was built onto an existing building from the first picture

The original house was built in 1848 by francis hurt, the hurt family lived there, then the johnsons bought it and extended it in 1894 (the tudor bit) it was then made into flats and went bankrupt in 1985 when its been empty ever since

Does anyone have any slightly more specific directions to this location? I've never been to Ambergate before but would most likely be traveling from the railway station.

Google Maps satellite view isn't being very helpfull either :lol: any chance of a street name?

Thankyou :)

lol any other help? easiest street to walk off the beaten track from?

I tried looking up the post code for the old YH and it pinpoints near Holy/Jackson Ln.

Although I've heard the Wire factory is split by a river... which on google maps looks like it's way over the other side of shining woods near the A6:lol::confused:

Thankyou:)

Latest posts

Back