Mystery building in Suffolk Nov 12

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andymacg

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Somewhere along the A14 close to Felixstowe is a wood, now several times over the past month ive caught,site of a building in the wood .So now most of leaves had fallen and I had time to stop and get some pics and have a mooch round'.
Now what the building was for is a mystery to me although I'm guesssing it may be military going by the design, but I am possibly wrong anyway . so on with the pics

DSCN0853.jpg

DSCN0844.jpg

DSCN0851.jpg

DSCN0848.jpg

DSCN0841.jpg

DSCN0827.jpg

DSCN0826.jpg

DSCN0832.jpg

DSCN0830.jpg

oh yes and it some of the strangest floors Ive ever seen

DSCN0834.jpg

DSCN0839.jpg

DSCN0842.jpg

Now I was pleasently surprised to find this in this part of the building

DSCN0845.jpg

DSCN0846.jpg

DSCN0847.jpg

what it was for I havent a clue but I'm amazed that it hasnt been nicked by the pikeys

WW2 era generator set and power distribution building. I have no idea what for, a location would be handy.

I can't find anything relating to it, but looking on google earth there are a lot of heavy earthworks around there that suggest something quite significant. It definitely looks WW2 era to me though or 1950s at the latest.

Further along the track on the photo there seems to be a round feature possibly a large coastal artilery emplacement?

No, it's 5 miles inland. It's all the radar site. D looped roads are pretty common to a lot of military sites, much better than turning circles. ;)

Trimley does have a cold war era anti-aircraft gun site, but that's the other side of the A14. On private land with many discouraging signs. You can see parts including the generator and stores blocks from a distance but to be honest Google aerial gives the best view.

Back