NGTE by night

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went for a poke around N.G.T.E. last eve with Marlon, RM and st00p. I don't think anyone was really in a pic taking mood, I took four, three of which are posted below. It was a good evening, saw a lot of the site and chilled out atop a cooling tower building, chatting exploring, eating RM's endless supply of crisps and Marlon's chocolate digestives whilst all the while trapped in a double entendre nightmare. :p

After being dedicated to drain photography for a good while now I struggled to take a pic without someone in shot! LOL!

JD

That red headlight is interesting, if it were to one side the wearer would look like the Terminator for a distance!

Loving that last shot, It works really well. I'll have a look at some of mine tonight hopefully.

Thanks, yeah the other two I quite like but suffer from slightly off framing/composition that niggles me every time I look at them! LOL! :p

Be cool to see your pics, especially that last couple you were taking. :)

JD

I must say I do like the first one. From a purely female hetero point of view it's, um, rather nice, no offence meant. Nice composition too (she says, backtracking rapidly). ;)
Sorry about that. Do like the other pics too.

Cheers
Foxy :)

I am one of thee biggest fans of Pyestock...but I never fancied it at night but after seeing all these pics..each and everyone is truly brill...can I ask how the blue effect was achieved in the plant house pics?

thanxxxxxxxxxx

Stu...Chelles saddo of a Pyestock partner

Great photos JD! Especially like your picture of inside the blue pipe! Was a really enjoyable evening - wasn't quite as happy with my pictures as i thought i was going to be but still a few gooduns!

Unfortunately i don't have internet at home at the moment and for some deranged reason i can't upload pictures from the work machine - will try again later :(

Seems it is working now...

1-15.jpg

2-20.jpg

3-15.jpg

4-15.jpg

5-15.jpg

6-14.jpg

7-13.jpg

As JD mentioned we didnt really take many photos, But this shot from the end of the evening in cell 3 was fairly succsessful.

185846935f9bdfd2b.jpg

Did you climb up the Plant House cooling tower to get some of those shots? I'm particularly impressed with the elevation you got for both the pictures of Cell 1 & 2 and its exhauster, and the Air House.

I've got a picture of a cross-section of Cell 3. I'll dig it out. It shows where you were standing for many of your shots (and how enormous the entire structure is).

All the best,
Simon

As promised:

cell3.jpg

(This framed picture is on the wall... somewhere in Pyestock... hence the reflection of me taking the shot).

OK, working from left to right:
1. Plenum Chamber: there is a door to this just behind the door to the test chamber. I think I've got one shot of it, but there's not much there.
2. Test Chamber: The engine on test is put in here. This is the part of the cell which was modified for the film Sahara with the doors added to the end. The Working Section is the part of the roof which is removed to allow the engine to be dropped in.
3. The Diffuser Section: this is the long dark section of pipe which lies beyond the Sahara doors. The hot exhaust gases from the jet exhausts were blown along here.
4. Inhibition Torches: these are the cylindrical pieces of metal jutting from the floor as you enter the large end chamber. Not sure how these work.
5. Exhaust Gas Cooler: And this is the end of the chamber from which most of the pictures were taken.

I hope this makes sense and you can see just how huge this cell actually is. I've been along the flooded sections underground and they continue all the way along to the connections with the Vacuum Bus Mains (so the Air House is clearly on 'suck' at this point).

All the best,
Simon

Here's another part of Pyestock which has yet to be visited (this is an archival shot). The scissor platform is positioned just below an engine on test; there's someone on there working on the engine, so it'll give an indication of scale.

ac1.jpg

Those who are familar with my site, especially Aquila, should recognise this room's function. And from there, you'll be able to work out where at Pyestock it is. And why no-one's photographed it.

All the best,
Simon

I know where that is ;) Though to be fair theres only really one place on site It could really be!

The scale of it is truly fantastic Doubtless one of the most impressive parts of the site. :)

I too know where that place is, was in the building awhile back, big glass-fibre sound deadening cones galore!I even climbed inside the turbine that pushes the air through the building.
it has a 'stargate' type exit to it for the burnt exhaust gasses that's cathedral in size.
it's not been visited by many and probably wont be for the forseeable future.

Loving all the pics! Night shots really show this place off, love the colours you've all managed to create in the pics and, yeah, the terminator style picces are ace, very suited to the place! ;)
I can imagine the endless echoes in the tunnels is well freaky at night! :eek:

Latest posts

Back