Old Gasometers. South Denes. Gt Yarmouth.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should imagine it would take an eternity to decontaminate a site like this. Probably why they are still standing then?

Yes it will be a major factor, It can be costly process and if its not clear who is footing the bill then it can drag on with nothing happening. If you look through the local paper you will probably find reference to them.

I should imagine it would take an eternity to decontaminate a site like this. Probably why they are still standing then?

The old gas works (including gasometers) in Cheltenham were all stripped out about 15/20 years ago,i dont know what contamination problems were encountered but it is now the site of the local Tesco superstore!
the original victorian red brick offices have been retained however.

Yes it will be a major factor, It can be costly process and if its not clear who is footing the bill then it can drag on with nothing happening. If you look through the local paper you will probably find reference to them.
That means I will nip down to the local Library and go through the Local Rag cuttings. When I find an article, will post it up.:)

Beautiful photos of a magnificent structure. Thanks for sharing those - they made my day. I had a Finepix for my birthday last month so I'm just getting used to it. Next task is to learn about posting pictures.

Beautiful photos of a magnificent structure. Thanks for sharing those - they made my day. I had a Finepix for my birthday last month so I'm just getting used to it. Next task is to learn about posting pictures.
Thanks loads Scribble. Much appreciated. I had a weeny little Olympus point and shoot jobbie to start with but it only had a 4x zoom. I wanted something that could Zoom in big time and I had seen the Finepix in Argos. Still learning but it is great fun and I an getting into it more and more every day!:)

Great pics Black Shuck - thanks :)

Blimey I never realised Gasometers would go down as well as they have. Thanks for the interest Rich. glad I could bring them to you all. I am happy I did it now as I honestly do not know how much longer they will be there:( There is a new outer Harbour being built down that end of Town and it would not suprise me if they flattened them soon.:mad:

Latest posts

Back