one for the photographer types here

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
forget Canon and go for the Pentax K5 ... I am soooo tempted to get one - despite the rest of my Kit being Canon and having been a Canon man all mi life.

well i currently have a 1000d , and id feel a bit silly putting 800 quids worth of lens on a 300 quid camera, i have a few lens` now inc a 50mm prime f1.8, a 28 90 mm ultrasonic and a cheapo tamron 70-300, and of course the kit lens thats only good as a paper weight, ahhhh i dont know, is it worth me buying a bling body then ??

Nope.

Like Krela said, [the greater] 90% of the image quality is from the lens. The 1000D is a more than adequate body.
The 50mm f1.8 is the best lens in the world, and should be £750, not £75!
Zoom lenses are the hardest things to get right tho, I've never found one that does everything I want!

They're chuffing expensive tho. I mean a GOOD zoom lens is the same price as 2 laptops, or 8,000 miles in a hatchback. You have to ask yourself which experience you'd rather have. I mean, if we all had a £5 disposable camera, or no camera, and we'd seen the things we'd seen because of urbex, would it all be worth it? My guess is that it would :)

I recently got myself a 550D and it's one of the best things I have ever bought.

UrbanX said:
Nope.

Like Krela said, [the greater] 90% of the image quality is from the lens. The 1000D is a more than adequate body.
The 50mm f1.8 is the best lens in the world, and should be £750, not £75!
Zoom lenses are the hardest things to get right tho, I've never found one that does everything I want!

They're chuffing expensive tho. I mean a GOOD zoom lens is the same price as 2 laptops, or 8,000 miles in a hatchback. You have to ask yourself which experience you'd rather have. I mean, if we all had a £5 disposable camera, or no camera, and we'd seen the things we'd seen because of urbex, would it all be worth it? My guess is that it would :)

Don't sugar coat it tell it like it is lol , ok then I shall stick to the 1000d for the forseeable future , ( at least until a 60 d becomes too "cheap" to resist) as for the 50mm lens I love it its my favorite thing ahead of the manfrotto tripod I just bought :)

Back