Our first exploration around our local military areas.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm interesting! i had a look in the book but must of missed it! good dectective work graybags!

More info

My info is up to date as possible, the PFC's are Knatterbury as evidenced by the instrument pillars I.I.R.C.

Maker Redoubt number 5 - had a couple of tents in the interior when I visited, and lots of evidence of clearing up, there was a tree coming out of the hole, that appears to have gone now. Careful of entering from holes above as the structure is pretty unstable and getting worse

G

the tents were still there when we visited at the weekend although they were wrecked and burnt, the floor sounds quite hollow in a woody way in the room that is possibly a magazine room, its definitely not at ground level though I would say there was another 15ft or so to the level of the moat. I wonder if there are anymore rooms that are underground in here?

Maker

From entrance, turn into barrack room on right, there is a hole with a ladder, but you may have been in that one

G

yeah we went in that hole, it was the one with the hollow sounding floor, we also went in the small hole that is in the cleared area outside. I heard another rumor that there were four or five rooms under there! although there are no entrances that we found.

From books & documents it's rumoured to possibly have magazines under the gun platforms but we found nothing after 2 visits.

the site of the old AA battery is just on the other side of the road, although the only above ground feature remaining is the familiar "P" shaped road!

theres a wierd two story building in the field nearby thats plain wierd tho! one small room, with no apparent access to whatever is above!

This might have been the pedestal for the radar antenna if the guns were radar directed. Although they aren't usually that far away from the guns themselves.

the site of the old AA battery is just on the other side of the road, although the only above ground feature remaining is the familiar "P" shaped road!

theres a wierd two story building in the field nearby thats plain wierd tho! one small room, with no apparent access to whatever is above!

Kernow, i think i may have found something in reference to this building you were on about! don't know if you've seen it or not though? (http://www.cyberheritage.com/penlee_battery_plans/IMG_7351.html) doesnt show that exact building but shows quite a lot of other buildings in the field that its in

Latest posts

Back