Picady - A small house with a sad story - April 2011

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahhh i wonder what the picardie connection is? my last name is picard And i live nto far from there

Neil thats a great report with a lovley yet emotional tie in.
Makes it that bit more special
Well done mate

NICE ;) LOL

SK / Neil :)

ahhh i wonder what the picardie connection is? my last name is picard And i live nto far from there

'Picardy', probably named after the province in Northern France famed for The Battle of the Somme

thanks for that nell. i love those houses maybe its my sick side but to go back in time and see the things left behind its fasinating. the poor lady these days would have been moved into a sheltered place, or i hope she would. i wonder how maney more old people live in such conditions just to stay were they have spent happy years. thanks again nell.

That's also my fascination with residential explores; it is indeed going back in time, and they always have a story to tell. I don't find it sick at all; not much different really, than visiting graveyards and reading stones - except in houses you get much more of a sense of how people's lives may have been.

I would hope no one would force anyone away from somewhere they wanted to be. Her memories were there, and I'm sure if she didn't want to be there, her children would have made arrangements. Likely she adamantly refused to leave a place she loved, regardless of how it appears to us.

Latest posts

Back