Pit stop at the abandoned circuit

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bartje

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Martino ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/martino_) and myselve decided to do some locations in France.

The last location was the abandoned circuit in the area of Reims.

The circuit dates from the 1920's and the last race took place in 1978.
Since then the road along the abandoned buildings is part of the normal road.

We first made some night-shots, and went back the morning after to look at it by daylight.

More pics at the website.
www.urban-travel.org

#1.
a3.jpg

#2.
a5.jpg

#3.
a11.jpg

#4.
a15.jpg

#5.
a6.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, I like this. :) There's something sparse and desolate about the stands, especially the last one shown.
Love the drawing in the last pic. :mrgreen:

Perhaps it's because I have no interest in motor racing but this particular site does'nt move me. Still, thanks for taking the time to share it with everyone.

Seen a few pics from here before. I think it's great the way it's just been left at the side of the road.

M :)

Cool photos, seen this place before ages back. See they have repainted the ads since then!

This was the venue of the French Grand Prix for many years.

I think the stands now have a preservation order or something on them. I've seen pictures of them looking much worse than this.

Thats great ..anything else of the rest of the circuit left ????.........and that link is well cool too......one helluva sound those cars make wound up !:)

Thats great ..anything else of the rest of the circuit left ????.........and that link is well cool too......one helluva sound those cars make wound up !:)

It was mainly public roads so I guess you can do a lap as long as you give way & keep to the speed limit.

Latest posts

Back