RAF Lichfield bomb store and extras

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the back of the cannon test butts (as above) 12312/41, I was just wondering whats with the handrail??
Is there any means of getting up there, Simon...stairs, fixed wall ladder, etc? I just wondered if it's something to do with maintenance. Or maybe part of checking out how they fired afterwards. Just a bit of guesswork. :)

Is there any means of getting up there, Simon...stairs, fixed wall ladder, etc? I just wondered if it's something to do with maintenance. Or maybe part of checking out how they fired afterwards. Just a bit of guesswork. :)

I'm gonna take a better look next time I'm there, I can't remember seeing any ladder or fittings :confused:..

The side view is of the shooting-in butt not the small-arms range (?) as shown in the other two photos Simon.
I don't recall seeing any ladders. Photos from all four sides of each of the butts are in the photobucket album linked in my earlier post.

Now that is much better Tigger2. The cylinders look like concrete pipe filled with concrete as the pipe is cracking. Some very intersting photo's

This is not a report it's a link to a website. It will be moved to the pit in a day or so unless it is turned in to a report.

Back