Return To The Fletcher, August 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd put up a few more I rather like.
11.jpg

12.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

100_1594.jpg

Great shots one and all except the spider..I fuckin hate them ok....you wont get told off for adding history to your reports as we dont all know the background to these places..,I for one have never heard of this place so now I gotta go search it`s history..even a brief description will do.

Hey hey I didn't "do" the spider, I hate them too! :mrgreen:
The Fletcher opened in 1893, as (we are told) a convalescent lunatic asylum. I'd assume that means for the not totally insane ones.
It was closed down in the 70's and reopened soon after as a nursing home. It finally closed in 1998.
I remember the fetes here, I used to take off all my clothes and run round the grounds :mrgreen:
It was succeeded by Benjamin Court, which is built mainly on the Fletcher's old grounds.

I was 3!!!! :p
However, I do have recent nude frolicking. Once I've "starred" them, I may have to post 'em.

it was bloody huge. i was waiting for it to fall out and run up the leg i was holding the door open with. id have screeched like a girl :D changed it tho coz its even making me feel sick now :sick:

Thankyou for spider-photo-removal, now I can look at your pictures. :mrgreen:
It was by far thte hugest beast I've ever ever seen, and that includes the ones at Aylsham ROC... sure Shuck will back me up with profusion and size :icon_evil

Thankyou for spider-photo-removal, now I can look at your pictures. :mrgreen:
It was by far thte hugest beast I've ever ever seen, and that includes the ones at Aylsham ROC... sure Shuck will back me up with profusion and size :icon_evil

Yes thats right Mimble, its very strange how some ROCs have loads of Spiders and some have none. Aylsham was full of Very Large Denizens and normally I am o.k with them but some of the ones I saw over there looked like they wanted to eat me. I had to clear the whole shaft of about 6 of the Bastards before I even dare go down.

Bleurgh.
It is really odd. I mean, Beckham has no cobwebs, no evidence of spidery stuff at all. Aylsham was infested, and Stalham was pretty clear. What's so appealing about Aylsham? Actually, I think maybe it's cause there's a muck heap next to it, maybe there's lots of flies?

Right, guys, I need your help.
The Fletcher's of sort of special importance to me and I'm trying to find photos of it before it became derelict. Have hunted online but I can't find anything.
If anyone stumbles across anything they think might be of interest, please send me the links - I'm desperate!!

theres 3 old photos of the exterior on this website, dont know if it helps. no luck on interior ones tho.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back