River Lea through Luton - March 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Els

Village Gimp (Banned)
Reaction score
Well, this culvated river aint gonna win first prize in no beauty contest but it had to be done so me and Lutex went and did it.

Pics...

2.png

5.png

7.png

8.png

10.png

11.png

12.png

14.png

13.png

15.png

16.png

19.png

Nice shots Els, they turned out a lot better than mine!

The River Lea rises in the Marsh Farm and Sundon areas of Luton, before working its way through Leagrave and under Luton town centre, through a series of culverts I think I'll collectively call HATTER'S (now how original is that...)
From Luton, the Lea (known as the Lee further downstream) runs through Harpenden and down to Hertford, eventually joining the Thames at Blackwall.

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

PICT0021.jpg

PICT0025.jpg

PICT0029-1.jpg

PICT0033-1.jpg

PICT0033.jpg

PICT0034.jpg

PICT0045-1.jpg

:)

Love the wall with all the greenery at the top...it's well funky with those window/door openings and old piece of pipe. :mrgreen:
Nice lighting and pics, guys. :)

there's some nice shots there lads, seems hard to believe its the same river that runs through beautiful water meadows and is stuffed full with Barbel (private fishing :( ) just south of Wheathampstead

Great stuff guys. Els that 7th shot is cool, and I love the old pipework as well. Nice work!

Excellent work you guys. Like both the brickwork (and liking the look of those windows halfway up the wall :mrgreen: ) and the concrete. The waterfall looks great down those steps.

Good pics guys, I do like the look of this, didn't know it was there. :)

Cheers,

:) Sal

Back