Severalls, Colchester, Nov 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MPurbex

Reaction score
finally got a bit closer to severalls ~ not in ~ but am hoping myexterior shots are still worthy here!

the hsitory has been written over and over so not gonna go into much detail

~ former mental hospital in colchester opened 2013 and had about 2000 petients at its peak, site covered 300acres!, very ornate buildings for a hospital and covered walkways added to staff could move around easily whatever the weather....it closed in 1997 and has been a popular and famous urbex location to explore!

next time i want get inside please!

anyway a sunny day when we visited helped make the style of the place more apparent...and not a hint of a security guard where we went....

[]
8207065224_ab807ed724_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8205975567_bbb6189616_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8205975851_0ac56fdda7_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8207066394_a4e799df26_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8207066520_47cb14a40e_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

8207064230_e2b5bd8b82_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
yeah lots of fences and i am not really young and fit enough for 8 foot high spiky ones...i like my equipment undamaged ;)

I take it this is the harder to get to parts... Very interesting indeed...

nope five if you look at the hole in the left hand pane one down from the top...it could well be a face :)

i hadnt noticed that

for fun i have doctored (deliberate pun intended) a coupe of these and added a face and eyes and used on facebook...had some interesting comments too

Last edited:
You'll do it one day fella. I have an appreciation for anyone that's been over the fence. I have, and it's scary!
Risk vs reward, if you do it right it can be low risk, and a fret reward! Best of luck!

You'll do it one day fella. I have an appreciation for anyone that's been over the fence. I have, and it's scary!
Risk vs reward, if you do it right it can be low risk, and a fret reward! Best of luck!

Too True ! I have been over one of those spikey ones once but never again. The reward was getting out, not getting in ;)

Always nice to see a bit of Sev's. Keep up the good work :mrgreen:

Good to see the old girl is still being visited :) Really love this place, however I'm fairly sure it didn't open.. next year? ;)

Noooo!!! Go under!!! Dig!! Think mole!!! Worked for us 3 times!!
There are loads of old, shite filled holes around the perimeter of Sevs, just find one and get digging

We used some old bits of wood and metal that we found lying around, over is obviously easier, but I'm not built for climbing palisade!!!

Latest posts

Back