Severalls Hospital Film -"The Final days" -teaser

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Severalls Hospital "The Final Days" -live at last!

Severalls Hospital "The Final Days" -live at last!

Right, all four parts can be viewed on the website (haven't mastered how to "embed" part 1 on here!!!)

http://severallsmentalhospital.co.uk/#/films-video/4537178114

Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience! :)

Last edited:
Many thanks for putting in all your hard work in editing, processing and uploading this video Lightbuoy. I have watched the whole lot now and found the footage very interesting, it is all very familiar and top marks to Patricia for having the idea of documenting the place just at the point where Severalls had JUST wound down services. It is especially fascinating to see how they are really getting stuck in with emptying, partitioning, securing and removing parts of the site - including the ever so familiar fence!

Love the polished floors, sounds like a fabulous insight mate.

When I first had a look around, I didn't think that the floors looked so bad in places. Then I saw the Nurses' video and it put this view into perspective for sure! :lol:
As has been mentioned before, it must have been an almost constant task, along with painting, washing and other maintenance jobs -something like painting the Forth Rail Bridge!

Many thanks for putting in all your hard work in editing, processing and uploading this video Lightbuoy. I have watched the whole lot now and found the footage very interesting, it is all very familiar and top marks to Patricia for having the idea of documenting the place just at the point where Severalls had JUST wound down services. It is especially fascinating to see how they are really getting stuck in with emptying, partitioning, securing and removing parts of the site - including the ever so familiar fence!

So, did you leave work early? :p

You are most welcome Sir! I must say that each time that I watch it, I spot something else that looks familier, yet has changed, either through natural decay, or sadly, through criminal damage etc :(
Out of all the footage, the thing that I find most striking is seeing the lights still on -even though there's no one at home ;)

As at footnote: The footage is in fact longer, showing a handful of "Long Stay" Patients strolling around the Grounds, however for obvious reasons, this has been omitted.
This is no way demeans these Patients, and is not intended to be an insult -like "we're only interested in the Buildings", but is simply out of respect and to maintain their privacy (am I making sense here?)

Anyways, thanks for your comments :)

Excellent work Lb, its great to see the place so clean and with the lights on!

BTW looks like some of the stuff from your website has been copied onto a severalls group on facebook if you didn't know.

Last edited:
Excellent work LB, thouroughly enjoyed these. As Mr Bones said, the timing is perfect, just as they're closing down. It's so weird when you see bits that are so, so familiar to you, but in tact.
The area in front of Admin is a really nice area (before they put the fence up!) and it's odd to see a car going past there!
It also really emphasises the acoustics, and how disturbing it must have sounded in its heyday.
Hats off once again!!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

thanks alot for the vid L.B, been waiting for that for what seems like forever :lol:. its so strange to see it all, so pristine but even in the video it still has the same eerie feel to it. very interesting to find out the names of all the villas and and what happened where, i never knew where they performed the ect which was included in the video. im feeling another visit coming on.
great work again and many thanks to the nurse that recorded it and urself
erol

wowzers

These stills are amazing!!seen it as it is and always tried picturing it in use...looking forward to a vid!!top banana:)

These stills are amazing!!seen it as it is and always tried picturing it in use...looking forward to a vid!!top banana:)

Vid is up!

[ame]http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showpost.php?p=154437&postcount=41[/ame]

Latest posts

Back