Severalls Visit

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the water tower is earmarked for retention on this plan (darker brown square) just south east of Larch Villa?

Lb:cool:

Hope I'm right and it is kept. Local landmark. You can see it from the Colchester Town.

Hmmmmmm, not sure how structurally sound that tower is, when i went up tower last week, near top of tower there were some massive cracks in brickwork, outlined by yellow paint, and you could see daylight.At some point they had a Graph thing nailed to the crack to monitor any movement.This is probably the reason for draining most of the tanks,as most of the pipework had "not in use" chalked on them.
But i suppose in the grand scheme of things it will make a good "arts and crafts" mobile phone mast.;)

Hmmmmmm, not sure how structurally sound that tower is, when i went up tower last week, near top of tower there were some massive cracks in brickwork, outlined by yellow paint, and you could see daylight.At some point they had a Graph thing nailed to the crack to monitor any movement.This is probably the reason for draining most of the tanks,as most of the pipework had "not in use" chalked on them.
But i suppose in the grand scheme of things it will make a good "arts and crafts" mobile phone mast.;)

If it was kept, it would get a good "reception" from me!!:mrgreen:
Sometimes cracks can look worse that they actually are. I guess it all comes down to money in the end! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back