Site "Y" - South Wales, April 2012 (Lots of Pics)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I had a little snoop around tonight, it appears that it has been trashed quite a bit now. Bit hard to tell in a pitch black ward though!

Shame.

That really is a shame :( At least you won't feel like its your fault though.

That really is a shame :( At least you won't feel like its your fault though.

That's my main reason for keeping the location private. I have had loads of messages asking for the location on here and through facebook but I knew that if I gave even 1 person the info and I went back to see it trashed, I would blame myself.

Sorry to everybody that has asked for the info though and it's not that I don't trust any of you, it's just I could see myself feeling bad at the end of it!

It is basically getting trashed to shit anyway judging by the deterioration every time I go past it.

As it is, I think one of the comments on the thread would give the location away pretty quickly to anyone in South Wales (comment wasn't intentionally trying to give the site away btw).

derelict for only 4 months? It looks f**ked!

DSCF1202.png

This ward was pretty decent. To the point of if I swept it up a little and moved a couple of things, it would look like it was in use! The grand opening plaque was still on the wall and minor medical equipment was still in it's place.

The place is getting worse though and I only went into 1 ward and 2 rooms!

Last edited:
Thanks so much for sharing! Very interesting. Sad to hear its getting trashed so quickly :/

No worries, glad you enjoyed it :) It is a shame to see it trashed so quickly but it seems to be happening with alot of sites currently - I suppose its because of metal prices. :mad:

I don't think it's been trashed by pikeys, it's more salvage of things like fire alarms equipment that's been nicked. I think they took certain materials out when it was stripped/closed. Did you find the ward with mock ups of the new hospital over the road? What a waste!

Place is still wide open.. it's a good mooch for sure. Disappointed to find the Mortuary had been converted.. I had slab hopes :D

Whoever left that turd in the reception of out patients though.. good grief does it ever hum!

I don't think it's been trashed by pikeys, it's more salvage of things like fire alarms equipment that's been nicked. I think they took certain materials out when it was stripped/closed. Did you find the ward with mock ups of the new hospital over the road? What a waste!

Place is still wide open.. it's a good mooch for sure. Disappointed to find the Mortuary had been converted.. I had slab hopes :D

Whoever left that turd in the reception of out patients though.. good grief does it ever hum!

Seriously thinking of checking this one out now..

Just avoid the turd and you'll be fine!

Anyway this new hospital resulted in the closure of 4 hospitals, plenty to do :D

I didn't see that ward! Im gutted now, any chance you could send me a PM with it's whereabouts?! I knew I had missed a couple of buildings mind but the last time I was there, I was hidding from security for the film crew :lol:

I am planning to go back up properly again sometime soon but not sure when - I will remember to take a gas mask for the turd stench then! LOL!

Now that is tempting... :mrgreen: Not the turd though..

Hmmm a couple more than 4. Well 4 hospitals but there are also a couple of external ward buildings including a metal health building - locked up very tight at the moment though.

I didn't realise that so many people actually knew where Site Y is mind - although the 37ish messages on here and facebook says a bit different :lol:

Haha I'm sure there are a fair few of us who watch out for hospital closures.

That mental health one doesn't look very exciting if its the one behind the ambulance station. Another one did look very good but also stupidly secure :)

Haha I'm sure there are a fair few of us who watch out for hospital closures.

That mental health one doesn't look very exciting if its the one behind the ambulance station. Another one did look very good but also stupidly secure :)

Very true! It doesn't look exciting from the outside but I have heard that it has some nice padded rooms although it's very modern!

The four main hospitals on the closure list:

Site Y - Explorable
Site M - I had a permission visit but security is tight and the building is locked down solid
O Hospital - Now somebodys home by what I could tell
A Hospital - Demolished.

There are then a couple of smaller buildings such as that mental heath ward. A couple of more hospitals are soon to come up though ;-) although I have no idea which other one you are referring too? Well not a mental health one anyway - I know of another one not linked to these 4.

Quality photos fella

Thanks Nelly! :)

Back