So with the declassification of "R Hour" I can finally post this...

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice report but I really hope this doesn't get trashed. You've all ready supplied enough information for me to find it's location, using only google.

Well lets just hope no one uses google and would be bothered enough to look for it knowing that it's sealed anyway.

Last edited:
Excellent post, I love that old phone on the wall. Any idea what the record on the turntable is?

So with the declassification of "R Hour" I can finally post this...

\/\/\/ said:
Nice report but I really hope this doesn't get trashed. You've all ready supplied enough information for me to find it's location, using only google.

It's been on sub-brit since 2003 and has remained un-pikeyed so i dont really see what all the fuss is about! :confused:

Last edited:
It's been reported in non public parts of other forums before as well, it's never been in public before though.

It's been reported in non public parts of other forums before as well, it's never been in public before though.

PM me, this I gotta see.

Although it has been public for a number of years.

It's been on sub-brit since 2003

Correct. But with relation to the thread title (that you mentioned via quote) they didn't post any photos of details or other sensitive areas, just overview shots documenting the location... Rather than what procedures went on there. That's why I (felt I) couldn't post them before the declassification.

There's no debate that it's easy to find if you look. I'm just not saying names or locations in this report. Having images tied to keywords can instantly throw things open to the world thanks to Google.

Last edited:
PM me, this I gotta see.

Not much point seeing as your a member of neither site so will just get a not authorised message, however there is a current report on another forum from a visit in May which is in public and the site is named.

amazin find. I dream of finding somewhere like that, and if I ever do, none of you will know where it was either. with all these UE site popping up, secrecy may be the only way to protect the sites from damage. Sad but true.

Not much point seeing as your a member of neither site so will just get a not authorised message, however there is a current report on another forum from a visit in May which is in public and the site is named.

The only one I can find is dated two days ago, not from May.

i really dont think it matters who 'got there first' or 'who can find it on google',try to see the bigger picture!
a fascinating set of images and a piece of history im sure were all glad you posted

Some more photos to go with the ones I originally posted. For more info see the original post.

Generator / Vent Room:
DSC_7332.png

Comms Room:
DSC_7322.png

Missed this badboy from my original report
DSC_7326.png

Similar to my previous photo:
DSC_7342.png

DSC_7341.png

The only one of these left... Stashed away in a storage room:
DSC_7343.png

DSC_7344.png

Gigi knows her place in the kitchen!
3.png

It's absolutely packed for such a small place. Loves it.

Although a certain someone seems to have jacked a load of the tin hats, gasmasks, leaflets and a jacket. I now know who they are but I'm not going to name names, UE is bitchy enough as it is. :mad:

Last edited:
Not sure how the hell I missed this the first time around either. :confused: Excellent pics Cogito, I love all the paperwork in there (plus everything else). I'd have been in there for months reading through it all.

Excellent work mate,

:) Sal

It's an Aladdin's cave. Or a piece of Dave McKean art! At the risk of teaching a selection of Grannies to suck eggs, can I just remind folk of the asbestos in old gas masks. Sorry to be a party pooper but my first instinct would be to try them on. As they age, a lot are becoming subject to crumbling asbestos, so it's not a good idea.

Back