St Gerard's Hospital, Coleshill - December 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much for the feedback... really appreciate it, has anyone done the rest of the orphanage, is it worth a drive back over?

@Judderman All listed here http://urbecks.com/#/me-and-my-kit only difference was for the close ups instead of my usual 50mm 1.8 I was using one of my dads old AE-1 lenses, a 35mm f1.4, its an old FD fitting with an adaptor so no autofocus but its a cracking piece of glass. Not much in the way of post process apart from cropping and a bit of brightness/contrast tweaking in Adobe RAW.

To think that someone may be living there stuns me, those shots you've posted are great. What are those stains in the bath tub? Or would I rather not know?!

Thanks so much for the feedback... really appreciate it, has anyone done the rest of the orphanage, is it worth a drive back over?

The main St. Edward's Boys Home is a pretty decent place, the care home isn't so great though

Made the journey up from London today, couldn't find an entry point, shame because I really wanted to visit after seeing your shots, just got some external shots of the home for boys. I shall send you a PM.

cant believe we spent 4 hours driving to get within a hundred yards of here and failed to spot it!!!!!!!

Thank you all... very kind :D

Baby landed safe and sound yesterday thanks Sshhhh and doing well... believe it or not from the maternity ward I'm overlooking the old Mansfield hospital, literally 20 feet away, which is about to be demolished oooo, the temptation and very handy for A&E if it all goes wrong lol but I'm pretty sure my wife would kill me!

SweatPea, sent Dan a few pointers by PM... hopefully help you track the right bit down if you head there again.

Inspired by the shots in this report, made the trip up today and wasn't disappointed! Also covered the boys home and the care home, but the hospital was by far the best. Thanks for the inspiration and congratulations on the new baby! :)

Grate shots, and such a cool place. visited a while back, but we sadly missed the TB part and ended up going round the other buildings on site. luckily we got out just as a guy :mad: with a black 4x4 stopped to have a word or two with us!:lol:

Baby landed safe and sound yesterday thanks Sshhhh and doing well... believe it or not from the maternity ward I'm overlooking the old Mansfield hospital, literally 20 feet away, which is about to be demolished oooo, the temptation and very handy for A&E if it all goes wrong lol but I'm pretty sure my wife would kill me!

SweatPea, sent Dan a few pointers by PM... hopefully help you track the right bit down if you head there again.

thanks shatners ill drive next time MRdan is to slow:lol: glad to hear baby is well

Congratulations mate! But go on, take a sneaky look at Mansfield before it's too late.

thanks shatners ill drive next time MRdan is to slow:lol: glad to hear baby is well

Too slow?!
What part of that journey was too slow?!

Can't say id want to sleep their, love the old film camera.

looks like the bath has been bleeding?

Latest posts

Back