TDG - Derby - June 2008

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orangeacid - Urbex Location Number 1 (Tanglewood Mill) is out of the question considering the recent security measures introduced.

There is a nice stash of industrial sites in the city at the minute though which are easily accessible and i'm sure many in the area will agree are a bit more interesting than Tanglewood Mill.

Orangeacid - Urbex Location Number 1 (Tanglewood Mill) is out of the question considering the recent security measures introduced.

There is a nice stash of industrial sites in the city at the minute though which are easily accessible and i'm sure many in the area will agree are a bit more interesting than Tanglewood Mill.

LMAO ^^^^ Very true!!!! Was very unnerving when we discovered thee little motion sensor and obviously as it was on a different floor to our exit was worrying if we'd get out in time in case we got caught!

Tanglewood mill is still accessable and still ok to go in as long as you don't go in a certain room. I love it in there, very pretty builing and the outside is trulyl stunning!! - Like a secret garden! As for roof access well, probably the safest option as you dont need to access any of the other floors really!! Email for details if your planning on going in... =]

Jessamine - Just noticed you've got your private message privileges now, should make things easier in the future!

My First Explore!

Just got back from my first explore! (well, two hours ago, but there was family guy to be watched). Thompski graciously agreed to give me a tour. I didn't take that many shots and we spent most of our time on the roof. Here are a couple of the better ones:

Old lift shaft lit from the inside manually with multiple fires of an off-camera flashgun
20080620-40D-3088-2s.jpg

My guide, the excellent Thompski :mrgreen: I figured this sort of shot must be mandatory around here so I might as well get it out of the way
20080620-40D-3090-2-s.jpg

Some machinery on the roof:
20080620-40D-3098-2s.jpg

Following thompski down the stairs with the flashgun (check out my sexy sexy arm top right)
20080620-40D-3159-2s.jpg

Thought I'd get one of myself in here :)
20080620-40D-3164-2s.jpg

So, thanks to jessamine and shane for thoughtfully finding a nice site so near to me, and to thompski for the meet-up and tour. Also thanks for lending me the wind-up torch so that I could stay a bit later, that was very good of you and I'll get it back to you soon :)

Thought I'd get one of myself in here :)
20080620-40D-3164-2s.jpg

So, thanks to jessamine and shane for thoughtfully finding a nice site so near to me, and to thompski for the meet-up and tour. Also thanks for lending me the wind-up torch so that I could stay a bit later, that was very good of you and I'll get it back to you soon :)

Beautiful pictures OrangeAcid and thankyou =] xX

Nicely done there Orangeacid, love them all :D

I was more preoccupied by the rooftop (my current obsession I think) but did a few indoor shots. Overall quite pleased with the results but nothing spectacular by all means :)

Taken around 10:20, probably my favourite night shot.
2596645208_24a71e0743_b.jpg

Orangeacid inspecting the controls for the storage room.
2595787781_3fcd886781_b.jpg

Self portrait shot, the least offensive of the four I did!
2596629396_3c3ac1d773_b.jpg

Had a weird dream last night that I climbed Rivermead House (the tower block by the Derwent)... one day.... one day!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back