The Dead Poet's Society Manor Festation : Sept 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It amazes me that this site is still fairly intact in view of the value lying around having said that comparing this with previous reports it looks like things are going AWOL?
Absolutely brilliant report & photos from you all.Is there only the one Highland? in the area if so so thats quite sad as they are very social cattle!

Last edited:
Looking at these again, I really like the staircase shots. Especially the one where the entire landing is gone. So much of the house looks fairly intact if you just see the walls, but the horizontal surfaces are just beyond decayed! Makes you wonder how that heavy furniture keeps from falling through the floor.

Is that the skeleton of the bird inside the bird cage?! I can't work it out...

Brilliant. I'm green. Again.

Well its a skeleton of a bird , if i remember rightly there are more in the fireplace, they must of got stuck and fell down or something, someone on flickr reckons that they placed the skeleton in the cage for a shot, I placed a cat near it too, but i never liked the finished image so didnt put in the original report but here it is , its a bit hard to make the bird out , it gets too swamped with the bars but hey ho....

bucket-cat.jpg

TJ, Luckpants has a way with the animals plus he had a hand full of grass :) , its not a ploy I would use to get past him tho, by now we had got to the main road and he'd wondered about a fair bit it seemed :)

hmmmm
sadly, when i went a couple of weeks back, a lot of these niknaks seemed to have gone

i posted it over in 28DL but it went into the np area (even though im not a member). I could post them here i spose at is aint a secret really. (perhaps on this thread) but people can be funny about all of this. advice?

Do whatever you want, it's your call, but post it as a new thread if you do post it.

Back