The House in the Woods June/July '12 (very photo heavy!)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its so sad that someones life has been left and forgot in the woods...this is why exploring these places both fansinates and upsets me.
very nice find i just hope it remains hidden long enough for everything to be taken by nature and not raided by theifs.

AHHHH.... blimey thats so sad ben...beautifully summed up with your words....this is one report i shant forget in a while...

Thanks everyone, I hope to find more of these places as I could spend hours poking around in them :)

the saw in the secondpicture looked very new?

There were a fair few things locked up in toolboxes etc which protected them from the elements, there was a tin full of new-looking medicines in the kitchen which because it had been sealed was totally fresh compared to the rest of the stuff.

Fantastic but sad report. To think their lives have been left hidden and memories withering away until you found them. Now we can all share a bit of the lives as well as their homes

There were a fair few things locked up in toolboxes etc which protected them from the elements, there was a tin full of new-looking medicines in the kitchen which because it had been sealed was totally fresh compared to the rest of the stuff
thanks buddy
i just wondered if people were in the process of clearing it or something ,wasnt doubting you or anything

Cant really put into words the overwhelming sadness that comes as you read through that Mooks, but you handled it fantastically and respectfully and top photos as usual fella

I wonder how these houses are allowed to get into this state.

Doing the maths Kinsley was born in (approx) 1964, which would have made him 48 now.
His mother could be anywhere from 64 t0 84, which potentially makes her still alive.

What happened to her?

I am guessing from the vehciles that there was a family there for a while, due to the caravan and mobile home, what happened to them?

This is what I love about all of these finds, you try and piect together the stroy from what you find and in truth you will probably never know, it's all just gone in time.

Sad, all that living that happened, gone, and not remembered.

I've only just realised that in pic number 6 there is in fact a mirror and not a doorway like I first thought!

The "Love from Kingsley to Mother" picture made me choke up, that is so sad, so tragic when a child dies.

Thanks for posting these pics, however heartbreaking they may be.

Good work mookster. An amazing find! If you live in a mouldy hut you too can drive around in a Daimler!! Wonder if these people were eccentric millionaires?

Amazing report mate and soooooooooooo damned sad.

On a brighter note, the slides on one of the eearly pix brought back memories because I had those when I was a kid too. And then there was some red and white willow-pattern-esque pottery... we've still got the cups and saucers from that style!

Yes... good find albeit tinged with a huge dose of tragedy. Very moving.

Latest posts

Back