The Mushroom Factory - North Yorkshire

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh no i didnt take that shot.

i did take this one with a point and click though -

60409_461251344663_508414663_6592426_4395011_n.jpg

hehe, yeah I reckon the extra competition nearby was making them toadstools grow big!

DSC02092.jpg

It's nearly the size of jjsten)

nice work, glad its getting some exposure. I went out there today for a recce, didnt go on site as had my little lad with me and we were exploring the new plantation nearby. Its only some half hour walk from me

Im planning on giving it a good doing in a week or two with an ex-work mate. Ive done the smaller part of the site and the caretakers house before but no pics im afraid.

Theres an added incentive for this place - i got a flyer yesterday from the parish council, starting up a action group. Seems theres a planning application gone in for this place, to convert all 15acres into 'showmans accomodation', with ride storage, workshops, HGV etcs, and (i quote) '10x 1acre plots, with between 7-8 families per plot', now i make that (assuming family means two adults and around four offspring) some 480 people, travellers, pikies or the like!

Best get the place documented

anyway, heres a few long shots of the place, shows a bit of the scale
14112010147.png

14112010148.png

14112010149.png

and the most derelict thing we explored close up -
smonst01.png

Last edited:
Theres an added incentive for this place - i got a flyer yesterday from the parish council, starting up a action group. Seems theres a planning application gone in for this place, to convert all 15acres into 'showmans accomodation', with ride storage, workshops, HGV etcs, and (i quote) '10x 1acre plots, with between 7-8 families per plot', now i make that (assuming family means two adults and around four offspring) some 480 people, travellers, pikies or the like!

i see the nimbys are starting to make things up:lol:

Back