The Power Station, Scotland - October 2017

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think this was back in 2015 while others where interested in the power station as i say did that 2015 when the site was live Prior to the water burst the station was still carrying juice from the biomass to the grid. Well there are external pirs on some of the buildings perhaps where they have had problems in the past .as time went on after admin took over after about 3 months we noticed work on a security system where small pirs where mounted above some fire exit doors they had mini cams in them that fired a 5 sec video i believe to security ? or so i heard but not in the powerstation just the Mill. They also started sticking internal pirs about the buildings too as we tripped on one night that had not been there time before .

It was early 2015 I'm sure mate. Mind the security systems didn't start going up till around a year after the company first folded. Even then we were still able to get round a good deal of the place that night before ringin the ol' bill out. During the administration period we were pretty much free to roam.

Wow, this place is 2 minutes away from me and I didn't even know it was abandoned!
well done on sneaking in on such a live site, and you've captured it brilliantly!

Wow, this place is 2 minutes away from me and I didn't even know it was abandoned!
well done on sneaking in on such a live site, and you've captured it brilliantly!

if its 2 mins away then you do know the police station either lidl or aldi is closed as well . That was about 1.5 years ago

Smashing place innit! Glad you managed a decent look about before you got spotted. I never found that room in your 2nd shot how did i miss that lol! Such a long way for a revisit too!

Nice one Brewtal:encouragement:

The turbine hall does look better during the day with natural light. Here it is back in the day on a trip with Pincheck:
38816178541_1270a8ef0c_b.jpg

Back