Tilbury aa gun battery,essex.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Paulie ;
You have only photo'd one third of the site (Which is exactly what i did on my first visit !!!)This place is SO overgrown that i didnt know that there was a lot, lot more thru the WEEDS !!
Nice report mate KEEP IT UP !!!!!

These are just afew shots mate.

some of the site was flooded so didn't take any shots and some of it was chav'd up so again i left it.

Also i have shots of the radar tower and the other battery further up the road.

But yeah the weeds are something else lol

yeah the weeds were a mission! i went with the wrong type of clothing for it and paid the price!! Still, it was worth it ;)

for those contemplating visiting the battery, while you are in the area there is a very good example of a aa site just up the road at bowater farm, it was used after the war to test experimental shells, it was the only part of the tilbury triangle(east tilbury battery, coalhouse and bowater) to fire a shot in anger during WW2, however go to the battery at east tilbury first as the farmer at bowater also owns the land east tilbury battery is on and I have been told he is getting a bit pissed off at people going over there, I visited east tilbury battery some 4 years ago, it had lain undisturbed for some years and took me and 2 others 3 days to hack our way in using machattes, I think the undergrowth has saved it from a lot of "chavving" this may change as it has now become quite a popular explore in recent times.

Dave

Back