Tolly Cobbold Brewery

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kongzi;10187; said:
The building is listed so can't be changed around too much, from what I hear it can't be turned into apartments due to it being too close to an area used for storing rather toxic chemicals, yay!

Rumour also has it that the pigeons used to get into the blue fermentation room and sit around the top, this area was full of CO2 and they would become over come with the gas and pass out, falling into the open topped tanks, the old boys would fish them out, not knowing how long they had been in there. Urban myth? Probably :lol:

Hmm, that's interesting KZ. Perhaps TC should have capitalised on this one and had a dedicated beer in memory of those unfortunate birds -I'm thinking "Pigeon Pop"?:D , though with all that pigeon droppings, should I call it Pigeon Plop? :lol: ;)

Lb:cool:

P.s. -encouraging news about the future of the buildings. Would be nice if at least part of the site is preserved for the public.

Foxylady;10204; said:
Hi LB
Brill pics as always. Really love the window shot - it's superb. Was going to post a comment on the gallery but (& call me a daft besom if you like! :D ) I couldn't find any way of doing so. Great stuff!
Cheers
Foxy :)

Ta very much!
No, you're not daft, or at least if you are, I am too, as I haven't worked out how to comment on a gallery pic either!:confused:
You got any explores in the pipeline?

Lightbuoy;10206; said:
You got any explores in the pipeline?

I'm hoping to go back to Racal's & Warner's again soon to get the pics I didn't manage the other times, plus I've been researching pillboxes in my area to go and look for. After that I'm hoping to go a bit further afield, maybe Taunton to see the derelict cider plant & Lyme Regis to check out an abandoned hotel. See how it goes!
Cheers

I really like the look of the Tolly Cobbold Brewery, kinda reminds me of my own local brewery which has been derelict for a good few years (Courage, Bristol).

Foxylady wrote.

Taunton to see the derelict cider plant

Not heard about that one. If you'd like a bit of company when you go then PM me.

B :)

Foxylady;10212; said:
Certainly will! I'll find out where in Taunton it is exactly, suss out buses, etc, & let you know. Cheers. :)

I know where it is, not sure it's worth the travel tho? It's pretty knackered from what I've read about it.

krela;10216; said:
I know where it is, not sure it's worth the travel tho? It's pretty knackered from what I've read about it.

Yeah I checked it out on Google last night but couldn't find out if it had been redeveloped yet (gave up after skimming 153 pages of a development report! :lol:). Looks like it might be something I'll look at if over that way for other things. Cheers for the info, Krela. :)

After my last visit I realised I'd missed a few bits along with the fact I never had my tripod last time:crazy. Went back today with Ether to retake some photos and check out the bits I missed, like an entire floor and a room :rolleyes: Pics are in no order, some required a little light painting as the Head brewers office is dark and damp.

Click the pictures to enlarge them :thumb

][URL=http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf1657640mr1.jpg]

dscf1735640ru2.th.jpg
[/URL]

Enjoy :D

Top pictures chap :)

It was a good explore today and definatly worth going back :)

I might have to upload the picture of me with the Beer Gun!

Ether;10377; said:

Alright for some! some of us had to work!

Ether;10377; said:

Hi chaps -pleased to hear that you had a sucessful explore!
So I assume you have to aim for the mouth with that gun?!!:D
Look forward to seeing more pics of the brewery.

Hi Lightbuoy
Just looking at your pics in the gallery when you posted. As always, really cool pics. I love the attention that you give to the smaller details. Great stuff m'dear! :D
Cheers

Evenin' Foxy,

Ta very much! I'm also in the process of sorting out me mountain of pics, and am hoping to update me website soon (ish)!
Trust that all's going well with you?

Look forward to seeing the updates to your website, LB. All's well with me, thanks, & hope t'is with you. Sounds like you're going to be rather busy!
Cheers

Things are fine here thanks, but am changing jobs soon, so I've got a feeling me spare time is going to be put under the squeeze until I settle in!:rolleyes:
Will let everyone know when I've updated me site.

Bye for now,

Back