Toy Cottage

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great report and Photos Rubex, this the one place which always saddens me, to think that the children left all their toys make me ask "Why?" I know its well out in the sticks and only had a outside loo but every time I've moved my kids stuff has come with us. (my youngest is 38 and we still have lots of her toys still in the attic (Or the grandkids play with them:(

You are very lucky that each time you moved, your new property had space for your reminders of a past time - We certainly didn't as we downsized to live within pensions etc! Anyway experience shows that many of these vast collections come from families that are quite distant and fragmented - an attic full of old toys is a very poor substitute for the laughter of a granddaughter or the thoughtfulness of a son or daughter in law on a regular basis.

There is in fact the possibility that what we see here is the detritus left after the happy ending to a somewhat mundane and miserable life in this country - perhaps Mum eventually raised her kids in sunny Australia or other sunny clime. 'Assisted Passage' did place restrictions on what one could take, unless you had money hidden away. so pack a couple of suitcases and leave the rest for somebody else to sort out. Anyway, knowing the address it will not be difficult to search local council/county etc records.

Back