Tulip Foods, Coalville, Leicestershire -Aug '15

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KM Punk

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score

History

Originally a Co-op Bakery, this was built in the 60’s and employed 40 people. In the early 90’s, Co-op sold the building to a new business called Belvoir foods Ltd(later becoming Belvoir Bacon Ltd). In 2007, Tulip Ltd bought Belvoir Bacon Ltd and moved the business to Bardon Industrial Estate. Soon after, TS Bloors briefly used the ground floor, converting this part of the building into cold storage. Since Tulip left the premises, The upper floors have been left empty, only local kids have been bothered with this part. It was constructed close to a well and next to the railway for more efficient production and transport.
Currently for sale for £250k

village_coop_2.jpg

Explore

I've attempted this a couple of times before but was attacked by locals, throwing rocks on both occasions. This is very close to the town centre(if you can call Coalville that). Luckily on this day, we only encountered a taxi driver who eventually buggered off after 20 mins. Quick little explore to end an eventful day. There is minimal damage considering it's location, unfortunately this changed a week later when there was a fire that gutted the two top floors.

(1)

DSC_0020.jpg

(2)

DSC_0019.jpg

(3)

DSC_0014.jpg

(4)

DSC_0013.jpg

(5)

DSC_0012.jpg

(6)

DSC_0011.jpg

(7)

DSC_0010.jpg

(8)

DSC_0009.jpg

(9)

DSC_0008.jpg

(10)

DSC_0007.jpg

(11)

DSC_0006.jpg

(12)

DSC_0004.jpg

(13)

DSC_0003.jpg

(14)

DSC_0002.jpg

Cheers for Looking

Nice pics, particularly as I worked there for 6 weeks during summer hols 1994 so pics do make me feel very old, but can assure you it didn't look much better nick then either, hated every minute of it!

I lived in coalville for many years, been to this bakery recently you should see it now! All burnt and twisted on the top floors… damp and derelict on the bottom. That red pump truck is still there, same place, same room, just rusted and forgotten. Every light and every toilet has been smashed, the room where the table and chairs are still there but the table has rotted and only the seats remain. It’s so eerie to see it like this!! Also, there are some hella chavs and horrible folk around coalville but we also have nice people 👌🏼although, the kids used to throw rocks at me too on occasion 🤣

Latest posts

Back