Vehicle Madness - 2014-22

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikinGlynn

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Various Vehicles

52513170673_d155fb9d78_c.jpg

Delete if not allowed.
Over the years like most of you Iv come across a ton of stuff that wont ever warrant a report on their own, so with a love of all things automotive I thought Id share some of these.

52513055530_11354f4999_c.jpg

Obviously some of these are "owned" & some not so much so, but never ceases to amaze me how people can leave some of these to rot (despite having a growing collection of my own that will prob never turn another wheel) some you will no doubt know some of these but hopefully there will be something new for u.
None of these are what I would call part of a vehicle graveyard but anyway here they are

52512578091_122a149b29_c.jpg

52512845639_c85916503c_c.jpg

52513122168_032c37cc0f_c.jpg

52512671536_1073b8fd18_c.jpg

52513054170_4732def033_c.jpg

52512579531_a55fd7d620_c.jpg

52513049755_a0875291d7_c.jpg

52512105672_5b5fc88b18_c.jpg

52513054305_2e0c4b30f4_c.jpg

52513123183_e58569bd9b_c.jpg

52512578316_85bd5fedbb_c.jpg

52512840554_01e9d0b820_c.jpg

52512102952_c96a008414_c.jpg

52513052970_35d4dca0a2_c.jpg

52513122898_efa9187d88_c.jpg

52512964174_26583742a9_c.jpg

52512844289_ae09e6b20a_c.jpg

52512103647_fa71563e4d_c.jpg

52512577026_3e3b5c5e9b_c.jpg

52512576731_8569bb6723_c.jpg

52512242657_f933ecae74_c.jpg

52512114887_1a06fd6cc4_c.jpg

52513124098_4b458e5900_c.jpg

Hope you liked this rather unusual post.

Last edited:
Awesome find, brilliant photos, love them. Some pretty interesting old machines, perfect for a resto challenge.

A real time capsule. The tyreless tractor seems to have suffered a fire at some time. But not where it now is, because the ground would have been blackened and the roof of the building destroyed. How did it get to where it now is? And why?

Great pics there love the yellow and white Lotus tucked away a real shame.
Thanks few more pics added.
The lotus is one of my fave, this is belonging to a house near it but clearly hasnt moved for years, Im tempted to see if they would see but I simply dont have the money!

A real time capsule. The tyreless tractor seems to have suffered a fire at some time. But not where it now is, because the ground would have been blackened and the roof of the building destroyed. How did it get to where it now is? And why?
yeah never really thought about it.
this is at raf polebrook (believe it appears in my report from here) there is quite a bit of agricultural equipment in there including the remains of a lovely old cart.
https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/threads/polebrook-airfield-aug-19.37660/

They all look pretty derelict so they must be in the right place here, my favorite is the fascinating truck (bus?) cab with the big clock somehow preserved when all else is pealing decay.

They all look pretty derelict so they must be in the right place here, my favorite is the fascinating truck (bus?) cab with the big clock somehow preserved when all else is pealing decay.

That was in north wales & was talking to a guy (seemingly slightly mad guy playing football in the main road with his lad) he seemed intent on selling us it even though it wasnt his but was owned by a local taxi firm!
They had bought the plot of land to do a development apparently & just dumped the bus on it!

Dam you did find some interesting cars, the steam engines were something else, I hope they have been saved. I think the deleting cars was something that happened on the old system. As long as no one is stupid enough to ask where they are.

Dam you did find some interesting cars, the steam engines were something else, I hope they have been saved. I think the deleting cars was something that happened on the old system. As long as no one is stupid enough to ask where they are.
The position of the steel beam with a block and tackle attached to it suggests that work was being done to the further of the two traction engines prior to their abandonment. That they both had registration plates meant they were used on the
roads. Perhaps they were two MoT failures!

The position of the steel beam with a block and tackle attached to it suggests that work was being done to the further of the two traction engines prior to their abandonment. That they both had registration plates meant they were used on the
roads. Perhaps they were two MoT failures!
Could be but I don't think they need |MOT's at that age. I really cant see those being left to rot, some one will have seen them and made the effort to grt them restored. There are enough of them about

Could be but I don't think they need |MOT's at that age. I really cant see those being left to rot, some one will have seen them and made the effort to grt them restored. There are enough of them about
Nor road tax? I recall as a teenager in the 1950s going to look at three fairly lightweight traction engines (say 5 tons each) that had belonged to the owner of Paignton Zoo, who had just died and they were up for sale as part of his estate. I had enough pocket money saved up (milk rounds, Christmas and birthday cash) and my parents might have helped - but I thought better about putting in a bid. At the time, my parents had their country guest house with three acres of land - so no problem over where to keep it.

Some interesting finds there Glynn, nice one. What is BSE 413S - is it a dump truck? I looked it up on the DVLA website and it's apparently a 4 litre Econ. Econ still make gritter and tipper bodies, didn't know they built entire vehicles too...

Some interesting finds there Glynn, nice one. What is BSE 413S - is it a dump truck? I looked it up on the DVLA website and it's apparently a 4 litre Econ. Econ still make gritter and tipper bodies, didn't know they built entire vehicles too...
Could b a dump truck I'm not sure tbh, there was a fair bit of agricultural equipment around that one.

Nor road tax? I recall as a teenager in the 1950s going to look at three fairly lightweight traction engines (say 5 tons each) that had belonged to the owner of Paignton Zoo, who had just died and they were up for sale as part of his estate. I had enough pocket money saved up (milk rounds, Christmas and birthday cash) and my parents might have helped - but I thought better about putting in a bid. At the time, my parents had their country guest house with three acres of land - so no problem over where to keep it.
Ah the traction engines!
OK these are owned, they r beind a live garage.
I asked a guy on forecourt if I could take some pics & he said yeah knock yourself out" so I jumped gate & snapped away.
Now there were people working in open garage who could see me & noone questioned me.
While later I posted few pics on fb (never claiming they were abandoned) & it caused a shit show!
Admin of the site said they had never had such a reaction to a post, they had people signing up just to complain & try & get post removed!
Turns out traction engine world are very clicky & were just pissed I'd found these & took pics.
I was being called a criminal left right & center, being told I broke in & deff didn't have permission.
Guy even messaged me saying hed spoke to owner & it wasn't him that gave permission & wants em taking down immediately, though I didn't believe him for one min as the owner himself didn't contact me.
Now I should point out I'd gave no indication of where they were & u can not only see them on streetvew but geograph has a pic pretty much the same as mine here.
Hence the pic here was taken through gate from public land so they can do one.
The irony is all their kicking off nearly forced me into posting the geograph link which would of directly gave location just to shut them up!
Anyway I bottled it in the end & pulled the pics but hey ho u may see a mini report one day 😜

Ah the traction engines!
OK these are owned, they r beind a live garage.
I asked a guy on forecourt if I could take some pics & he said yeah knock yourself out" so I jumped gate & snapped away.
Now there were people working in open garage who could see me & noone questioned me.
While later I posted few pics on fb (never claiming they were abandoned) & it caused a shit show!
Admin of the site said they had never had such a reaction to a post, they had people signing up just to complain & try & get post removed!
Turns out traction engine world are very clicky & were just pissed I'd found these & took pics.
I was being called a criminal left right & center, being told I broke in & deff didn't have permission.
Guy even messaged me saying hed spoke to owner & it wasn't him that gave permission & wants em taking down immediately, though I didn't believe him for one min as the owner himself didn't contact me.
Now I should point out I'd gave no indication of where they were & u can not only see them on streetvew but geograph has a pic pretty much the same as mine here.
Hence the pic here was taken through gate from public land so they can do one.
The irony is all their kicking off nearly forced me into posting the geograph link which would of directly gave location just to shut them up!
Anyway I bottled it in the end & pulled the pics but hey ho u may see a mini report one day 😜
Publish and be damned! Then re-publish, again and again!

I'm not sure if it has suffered from a fire, might just be dirt and deterioration, the hose from the air filter to inlet is still intact and it appears to be made of rubber. It's a Fordson Standard N tractor by the way, quite popular in the classic tractor world

Now you mentioning Geograph brings back a whole shite storm the brewed up on the site a few years ago, It seems Horse owners are just as protective. I posted a few photos of a farm near me with a horse in it. The woman who owned it was in contact with the site getting it removed ( they never are just retired for a while). That was well over ten years ago now and the farm has been sold now. I was only one person, but lots more were threatened with legal action because the position was shown. On facebook they accused the site as creating an album for horse thieves to brows through. They were full of shite IMO like the people who accused you. Got to admit they are an odd lot soem are really friendly others really stuck up. What they have to ask is who is going to try and nick a 10ton engine like that for in effect scrap, seems a lot of effort to go to
Down the Pub

Now you mentioning Geograph brings back a whole shite storm the brewed up on the site a few years ago, It seems Horse owners are just as protective. I posted a few photos of a farm near me with a horse in it. The woman who owned it was in contact with the site getting it removed ( they never are just retired for a while). That was well over ten years ago now and the farm has been sold now. I was only one person, but lots more were threatened with legal action because the position was shown. On facebook they accused the site as creating an album for horse thieves to brows through. They were full of shite IMO like the people who accused you. Got to admit they are an odd lot soem are really friendly others really stuck up. What they have to ask is who is going to try and nick a 10ton engine like that for in effect scrap, seems a lot of effort to go to
Down the Pub
thats what I though, apparently an engine like that is worth 50k+ like u say not the sort of thing u can nick easy & as I say its on quite a main road so u cant miss em!

Back