Wandle River Culvert

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SiteOne

Reaction score
Visited just after Christmas in December as got new camera! Not technically a drain or sewer but involves flowing water.....not the best of explores but its something to visit if your local or want something to see if you like being underground with some water....not many really interesting features and its pretty boring walk to the end of the tunnel....

n826565222_1768596_1357.jpg

n826565222_1768593_333.jpg

n826565222_1768594_680.jpg

n826565222_1970966_9012.jpg

n826565222_1970968_9572.jpg

n826565222_1970973_646.jpg

Re: Wandle River Culvert - Report

True it's features aren't grand in comparison to various other drains, but it's good proving ground for drain virgins. Have you visited more drains since?

Technically it is a drain, the pond overflow (pic 2) drains into and out through the culvert and various other pipes drain surface water run-off into and through the culvert. If it were purely a river culvert that received no addittional flow directed into it by means of human intervention, then in that instance it might not technically be considered a drain in the man-made sense. Even if that were the case it is generally acceptable to label such spots as drains as the majority of culverts are utilised to provide a secondary drainage function and so for the odd one or two that are purely culverts it seems a tad too pernickety to single them out. I wouldn't want to be too pernickety :p

JD

ispose its kind of a drain....there is some very local ones very near to it that zero riddlers and sick from 28dl did which has some more features that im gonna try get down....but i havent done anynmore since....i havent had the money to get a decent pair of waders :p

Nice one, I need to get some underground stuff done this year, curse the Manchester weather though, just when we have a few dry days and I make plans, it'll rain overnight.

TnM :)

Latest posts

Back